moto gp assen

Discussion in 'General' started by fbr, Jun 16, 2005.

1. fbr

fbr Well-Known Member

This weekend has the moto gp at assen. Who do you think will finish on the box?

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Rossi

Giberish

Barros

2-3 are interchangeable

Rossi will be on top

3. ryan-hall

ryan-hall Moto gp #93

here it is,Rossi.Rossi.Rossi

4. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

Rossi

Gib

Hayden

5. cgordon3

Maybe, that would be cool, but I am hoping for his first win here at Laguna.

6. fbr

fbr Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Hayden on the box but it seems he's real strong at the begginning but fades towards the end of every race.:confused:

7. 34D

34D Banned

He usually finishes in front of his teammate and the other Americans.

8. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Biaggi !!!

9. brianjohnson

brianjohnson Well-Known Member

I think the Assen race is next weekend...

10. wera256

wera256 Well-Known Member

assen is next weekend... otherwise I've miss me ferry to rotterdam...

11. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

It appears to me that Hayden cannot quite get into the corners as fast as Rossi, Gib, or Melandri...I know Rossi is god, but I think if Hayden can improve his braking/corner entry, he will finish higher in the races. I am a nobody, but I think Nicky looses confidance in the front when his tires go off, thus keeping him off of the podium every race. Rossi can leave it to the last millimeter and somehow still get a perfect drive out of the corner.. even on worn tires.

MotoGp still rules even if Rossi is winning everything. I think he is working a bit harder for it this season.

I think the Honda's will do better at a track like assen. Go Nicky!

:)

12. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Does anybody notice that Hayden seems to take a wider entry line into almost every corner. I seem him on the outside every time he gets with someone, while Rossi is almost always on the inside with a very tight line. It just looks weird.

13. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Sadly.......

:rolleyes:

14. xtest

xtest Village Idiot

Swami Sez

Rossi
    Melandri
    Edwards

Biaggi will grid in the last row and make a valiant effort to finish in 7th place.

Hopkins will not finish due to a mechanical.

Some Kawasaki rider will finish in 4th.

Hayden will crash out of a comfortable 3rd place on the last lap. Of course, he will be 1 second off the pace of the 2nd place rider, and easily outpacing the 4th place (Edwards) riding by almost a second.

Did I leave any of the usual stuff out?

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah...Sete will have his worst outing yet. He will not finish in the top 10 and his girlfriend will be rumored to be seen with Valentino. ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

DIDNT ROSSI COMMENT ON HAYDENS STYLE SAYING THAT HE SPENDS TOO MUCH TIME "BACKING IT IN". oops im yeling but im not retyping lol. but i think maybe he has a point, while he is sliding around, rossi is driving into the corner. trust me, i like sliding but at that level where milliseconds count??? i still have mad love for my bro. anyne here racing against hayden on a dirt track on a 450? THATS A SHOW.

16. The agile handeling of the of the Yamaha seems to allow Rossi to take an early, tight entry when he needs to without running too wide on the exit.

17. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

No way it's the bike. Rossi always did that, but also Sete and the rest of the pack turn in earlier than Nicky.

18. Not saying that the bike is the only reason that he is winning, as he would be winning on th e Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Kawasaki, and maybe even the Proton. He does However have a much higher winning percentage with Yamaha then with Honda. Much of this is attributed to motivation to beat honda, however I believe that the fast handeling allows him to win even though his down on power.

19. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I used to ride motocross with a kid that talked just like that. When I was on the 400 and he was on the 125 I beat him on power. When we switched I beat him with handling. :) It's all Rossi. The bike just needs to be in the ballpark.

Last year he won about the same as he had on the Honda. I think he sandbagged when he was on the Honda as well to keep it a little bit closer. A couple of years ago he ran off the track several times and then got back on to get 2nd running WAY faster than everybody else.

20. cgordon3

I keep hearing Nicky and biaggi mention the front end chatter every now and then, I would think that would affect hie front end confidence when the tires go. He is just this close || to being one of the fast guys. I don't see Honda letting him go.