T4 at Summit???

Discussion in 'General' started by slow rider, Jun 13, 2005.

1. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

Ok, so I was one of those who dropped a nice chunk of change to "move the mountain" fund a few years back. Luckily for me, I have never had the pleasurable experience of a turn 4 get off until this weekend, so I never really paid to much attention to what they actually did.
    Well, I now have a couple broken ribs and a beat up leg thanks to the boulders that still protrude from the ground like speed bumps. Whether or not the super soft tire wall had anything to do with my injuries, I don't know...
    My bitch is, could someone explain to me why there isn't a nice thick gravel pit like turn one has. Not to mention, I happened to notice the loads of soft walls lying over by the TOTALLY UNRACEABLE Shenendoah track. I've also heard that there was airfence at the track to anyone who would wish to assemble it. Now, I understand the labor deal with the airfence and all, but the foam walls might have been nice, and the money that was given to the MTM fund should have been sufficient to install a nice gravel pit, no????:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Maybe you should call the track and ask....

Mongo isn't gonna stop going there unless riders quit racing.. the track isn't gonna fix it until they start loosing money...

Ask the track and put the heat on em.. they make the final decision

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

IIRC, gravel traps are pretty expensive, more so than soft barriers. On top of that, car guys don't like them much because it makes them flip over.

Note: I'm just talking in general, not about T4.

4. sargeek1975

sargeek1975 Well-Known Member

How's the bike Mike?

Glad your injuries are only what they are............could have been worse. Sherri said that was what had injured you; the *left overs* from the old wall. That really blows.

Get well quick; need to see you out there kickin some ass again!! :up:

5. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

Mike,

hey PM me your address I have to ship you some parts.

Troy

6. MudButt

MudButt Well-Known Member

slow rider ... did you go down during the hwt ss race?? racing a sv650 i think??

7. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

maybe we could get a gravel trap fund going for that section of the track. between wera, and ccs i think we could probably make it happen.

8. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

Would removing the boulders from the ground and putting airfence be just as safe? Because you guys are going to meet a TON of resistance from car guys on a gravel trap there. I can tell you now that no one wants to even think about the prospect of flipping over there (not that the tirewalls don't already cause that).

9. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

If there is air fence that can be used. Can a sign up list be started and they can rotate through the names for whos turn it is to set up or take down. I think folks might go for that

10. astwi01

astwi01 Well-Known Member

contact Roger Lyle and ask him...

He was the owner of the Move the Mountain project...

11. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

team promotion will gladly let wera use their air fence that sat in the shed all weekend. I think next time out we should set it up. I know its a pain but if it saves even a broken pinky finger...isnt it worth our time. I will gladly be the first to step up and volunteer to help out and I will start a thread about it before the next summit event

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They will? Odd since I haven't heard a thing all season. I did email (not sure who, I'll check when I get to the office tomorrow). Also, TPM would not allow just anyone to set it up so a volunteer crew wouldn't work - last year prior to each event they'd get me the names of the people that were setting it up and taking it down and I'd make sure they were on the gate list and if they raced their entry fees were covered. Nothing so far this season.

13. Big Deezul

call Glen, from what I was told they will let CCS and/or wera use the fence

like I said I would be glad to help

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - I've gotta ask - Does anyone actually read all the words in my posts or just the 25% or so they respond to when the others aren't what they want to read?

I honestly don't care what you were told, I've been told the same thing - I'm talking about the reality of what is happening.

15. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

We had air fence at Summit last year?

16. Big Deezul

usually 25%

So a follow up call /e-mail needs to be made...like you have never forgotten or not responded to an e-mail?? I will follow up with TPM myself....dont worry about it :rolleyes:

17. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

How about the gravel trap? I honestly don't think the tire wall caused my injuries. In fact I can recall the most severe pounding after leaving the track and before hitting the wall. Can anything be done with the protruding boulders? I would guess that fill dirt would simply wash away with the rain, so what other option but gravel would there be? I thought that the gravel trap was part of the MTM fund thinger ma bob???

18. oldnslow

oldnslow Well-Known Member

setting it up is fairly quick and easy...if you have access to it for the endurance round, e-mail me and id be happy to do it.
    mike
    nv 181
    [email protected]

19. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

CCS/FUSA transported and set up their own air-fence at Summit a couple weeks back - it wasn't TPM's.

I haven't seen anyone use TPM's at Summit, other than TPM.

- Roach

20. simon

simon Unstable

Mike, Sorry about the broken ribs, but I'm glad your injuries weren't any worse. As far as the "Move the mountain" thing went, I have to tell you that even though turn 4 is far from ideal it is tons better than it used to be. When riders go down now they typically get much further down the runoff area before contacting the tyre wall (and sometimes don't hit the tyres). I know this isn't much consolation, but from a corner workers point of view, the carnage I find when I run up to an incident in the shute is a lot less now than before the berm was blasted back.