1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 2 cents.

Discussion in 'General' started by moroj82, Apr 21, 2005.

1. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

well,

it sounds like you guys have wet weather gear...
    so you shouldn't be too bad.

my point is that why doesn't STT offer an 'insurance' policy like TPM does for a couple extra $$. for $25 extra, TPM lets you cancel at any time, sleep in from a hangover, whatever...they'll just give you credits toward another trackday.

STT is still making a profit on you, regardless of if you go or not.
    i understand the argument that they'd lose money if everyone cancelled if bad weather seemed iminent. but hell, they don't even have any kind of rain/monsoon/hail cancellation policy in effect at mid-ohio. even if you did cancel, they wouldn't really lose any money if they just gave you back the profit they turned on your registration fees.

i don't get it.

2. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

ack.. how'd this post get separated from the orginal thread...

excuse my noobie-ness...

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So, you want your two cents back? :D :Poke:

4. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Dt, shouldn't you be raiding the parts bin @ Yamaha for your clubman bike...?:p

5. dtalbott

I can't crack their computer with being charged for the parts.

Any suggestions?

6. Silo Pete

Bill your boss, or use another dealer code / id# .

7. dtalbott

I've been doing the first. :D

The second idea presents a problem with the shipping address.

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Did you ask them?

Or is this a way of trying to get WERA to agree with another organization's refund policy in order that you can use that statement against WERA when you want a refund from WERA?

9. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

yep,

I talked to Bonnie, and she said Mid-ohio has a no cancellation policy.

don't worry, i'm not trying to be clever and blackmail anyone.
    im a long way from racing to even think about joining WERA at the present time. I just found the site b/c bonnie suggested i try and sell my track time here.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  10. LtFDrebbin

LtFDrebbin Well-Known Member

you gotta learn to go slow before you can go fast. What better time to do that than in the rain/ snow??

Sam

11. Silo Pete

Just buy some rain tires and do it. Jezzz... :D

12. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

im a broke-ass college grad....

ha...i wish i had $ for wet tires.

btw, doesn't rain mess up leathers?

13. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

No - makes them fit better.

Go ride on your DOTs, but obviously you will go slower. I've ridden on wet tracks and enjoy it. Just like when you ride on the street and it rains - its rough until you are just plain wet, then its a lot of fun. :)

14. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

What would it really cost to insure that it doesn't rain?

I've not asked Linda at TPM (so quite possibly I'm wrong) but I bet they are simply taking in cash for "rain insurance" and that with the large number of TPM track days they don't lose overall the few times it does rain.

A company that has less track days can't afford to do that.

15. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

I think TPM charges $25-30 for the rain insurance.

16. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

WHat don't you get? Since you brought this out in a public forum I'll bite.

These are copies from STT's policies and proceedures which you read prioir to registering... correct?

QUOTE:All Sportbike Track Time venues have a "rain-or-shine policy" (except Grattan weekdays). For Grattan weekdays, we will issue a rain check good for a future weekday "make up" event at Grattan. The track facility or SportbikeTrackTime will call rain days, you must be present to receive a voucher. Rain-check vouchers are non-transferable and expire 12 months from date of issue. Sorry, there are no exceptions.END QUOTE

These is no ambiguity in this statement. If this is hard for you to understand then you should have called us PRIOIR to registereing for a clear explanation.

We offered optional rain insurance for two seasons and >5% took us up on it.

Of course we could triple our membership fees and advertise "free" rain insurance. Then add "We reserve the right to adjust this policy at any time" which means when the money from mebership fees set aside for rain insurance runs out, so does the rain insurance benefit. This is a good policy if it rains, if not it is a waste of 50 bucks. You take chances either way and I'm not saying one is right or one is wrong.

We clearly disclose of our oragnizations rules on our website.

We use averages when selecting tracks and stay away from what we feel are very risky early and late season dates. Mid-Ohio last season was sunny and high 60's. Average highs are 64 this weekend.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  17. chalktome

chalktome Well-Known Member

hell! just show up when it rain/monsoon/hails.
    learn to ride in the nasty.
    if they don't hold the school ask for credit/refund.
    simple really!

18. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

TPM doesn't have rain insurance.

TPM has "Event Fee Protection" which allow you to cancel and get credit back up to 1pm on the event day and get credit back. You could have crashed, had a mechanical, don't like rain, or just simply can't make it. You could have ridden half a day but had a mechanical/crash and get credit back. Or just not show up at all.

I thought most rain insurance doesn't really kick in until the event is "rained out" anyway. So if it is raining but they still run the day rain insurance is pointless.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So TPM is now a sanctioning body for racing and a insurance company? You realize you're playing with fire right?

20. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Sean(Mongo),

On each entry fee, give the buyer the option to purchase:

"Bad weather/Broke Bike/I'm a whiny pussy" insurance

It's an additional fee of 15% of the race entry, such that if the buyer wishes to utilize it (i.e. activate the insurance), they get back 75% of their race fee, and you keep the other 25%, plus the original 15%.

Of course this would mean that the entire WERA refund policy would change to

"No insurance bought, No refund given"

I can hear the pretty ladies in registration now....
    "You want insurance with that?"

WERA makes $$$ in "Insurance", and those that want to complain now have a bonified option that they can't bitch about not having available to them any longer.

AND.... I'll only take 5% of the insurance profits for making the suggestion. :D