Turn 1 Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Nice, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Did you by chance tell your current boss you would do anything to get out of work when you interviewed for your job? Anyone that is going to justify making a risky racing pass by saying they don't mind getting hurt because they will "do just about anything to get out of going to work" is a track hazard.

Race close and race hard, but if you want to be a Darwin Award candidate there are other ways to make the list.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I talk a lot of smack, but the truth of the matter is I stay slow & in the back for the things I have to lose. If I get into a scramble with the last place guy, I'm content. When I start getting lapped in my Solos I get off the track so I don't become a hazard to others. You can verify by looking at the results. I think I finished 2 solos in the 4 years I've been racing. Sad but true, and I'm not ashamed to make way for the guys that take that $10 trophy a little too serious.

3. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

And the Dawin candidates tend to weed themselves out pretty quick, just like you said.

Have you ever raced MX? Those are some crazy starts. Far crazier than a roadrace start.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You should try TT on an ATV, with a frigging cinderblock wall on the outside.

5. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I draw the line with ATVs. Those things flat scare me.

:eek:

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Everything was fine until the wheels touched. :wow:

7. Skittlepitcrew

Skittlepitcrew Well-Known Member

Hey Scotty, you should have included yourself in that list too!:Poke:

8. BrontosYAMAHA

BrontosYAMAHA Active Member

If you don't get to the front at 1st turn, 1st lap you will not be on the box. If the

If you don't get to the front at 1st turn, 1st lap you will not be on the box. If there is an inch to pass on course, take it.

I'd totally disagree on that one. I've seen experts at several tracks let the FIELD GO to turn 1 and then take them down one, by one- just for fun. Disalvo, Himmelsbach, (Mike), Chris Pyles (didn't forget you) had done exacty that in 125s when they were racing them.

When I was novice or expert, I was never good at starts. When I did get it on (in turn 1) I would just go in and let the opening lap unfold. 600s novice races are the probally the most pain to race in because everyone thinks they are heros and you always have total chaos there. Personally I hate it. When you get to higher classes (expert and above) you won't see too much of that because they know (most) the race is not in the first turn. You can make up places, but ultimately if your pace is not up to the front you will be swallowed up.

To me I like to just go around the outside (if I started midpack( and just go as fast as I can to get up that sh*t-Eddie Lawson style! You're not really going at race pace yet beacuse alot of people are too scared to bump/crash in T1.

This is why we race, to see what T1 gives us...

Why do idiots watch NASCAR? To see the crashes!!!!

Leon
    BrontosYAMAHA
    www.brontosyamaha.com

9. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i think you should switch to knitting.

10. T.Augie

T.Augie Well-Known Member

How are you doing Andrew, did you get your stuff okay?

Theresa

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Re: If you don't get to the front at 1st turn, 1st lap you will not be on the box. If the

boy i'm glad you can read every novice racers mind to say we think we are "Hero's" . Speak for yourself not others as to what novices think.

why don't you go buy the road race 2004 dvd, and watch the Road A race, racers in tight and Lee Acre blows up the inside.

in his first dvd you can see contact with 18 Chris urlrich, and another racer making contact coming out of 1 going up the hill!

Ama, if that is what your speaking of have 16- 20 some laps to race not 6 so i would assume there would be a higher lever of aggression to get free and up to race speed

12. Handicapped Racer

Hello Mc fly, anyone who chooses to engage in this sport isn't of sound mind. I guess the initial hint would be the wavier signing before you even get into the track. racing around the track with at 140 150 would make me wonder too, but hey who cares in two years my credit card will be maxed out "HMM don't use them"

Are you still racing or just sitting back waiting to confirm your theory!:down:

13. northernyamaboy

northernyamaboy Yo Terrance! You're slow!

Dude, you sound like a complete Ass Hole!

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Scott, I'm dissappointed that you couldn't apply enough pressure to make Terrance move up. You have failed in your quest, and must return to the temple-san..........

15. Handicapped Racer

I knew my boy would have my back! :up:

16. northernyamaboy

I tried Buck. He told me all winter that he was moving up to Ex. Then I find out in late February that he still a novice. That is cool but his sorry ass better see the podium this weekend at Beaver or I'll have to open a can of Whoop-Ass on him. Oh, and I'll have a can of white spray paint with me to Buck.

17. Handicapped Racer

don't worry Scotty it's coming, my biggest issue that i wanted to work on is, i wanted to be able to run a consistent time wo having to follow the guy in front of me! But don't let scott fool ya he wanted to stay too! Wera sent his ass a custom Expert letter he protested and they was like oh hell no! Even though i truly feel they should have let him stay, due severity of his hand injury, it's still not up to par, i feel bad for my boy!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  18. northernyamaboy

Lies! All Lies! Why would I have wanted too? To chase your Ass around? Sorry cat, my bus doesn't go that slow.:Poke: :D

19. Handicapped Racer

i heard from a little birdie you were trying to change your name to barnett and Burnette!

LIke i said he can be beat LOL!

20. northernyamaboy

Once again you’re confused. The name is Johnson that I prefer.