1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bank angle sensor on F4i- yes or no

Discussion in 'Tech' started by the spindoctor, Apr 11, 2005.

1. the spindoctor

the spindoctor Well-Known Member

i have a sneeking suspicion that my lowside saturday was due to the sensor shuting the motor down, and now i'm wondering if i should leave it on or bypass it. anyone have any pics of how the sensor should be oriented? i don't have a stock stay to see how it went on, so i've had it bolted onto the cheetah stay with some homemade brackets. worked fine until now.

what are pros/cons of leaving it disabled? i'm just a little freaked out because of it, but don't want to toast a motor either.

2. repars

repars Active Member

I have an F4i and I have use my bank angel sensor.
    I do use the stock fairing stay and I have never had a problem with the bike shutting off.
    I'm not sure how far you are leaning over your bike, but my pegs are ground and I have the rear of the bike jacked up.

When I was building my bike I was playing with the sensor turning it to see when it would shut off the engine. I susgest you do the same. Remove the sensor and start the bike then roll the sensor to see when it cuts fuel to the bike. I found that you have to be at approximately 90 degrees from vertical in order for the sensor to cut the engine. This will give you a feel for how the sensor works.

I hear that if you don't want to use the sensor you need to cross the black and green wires, I've never tried this though so no promises it won't screw up your electrical system.

Good luck and let me know what you end up doing.

JP