1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has a NSR 50

Discussion in 'General' started by B.Augie, Mar 19, 2005.

1. B.Augie

B.Augie Wera 930

I just picked one up from Bells Honda Thursday, and took it out to terrorise the local school parkng lot. Awesome bike, Myron made me "a deal I couldn't refuse". But I cant help but want to hop it up.:rolleyes: What can I do to it? What have you (your buds) done?

:beer:

2. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

crate the motor and send it to Billy Weise in Texas at WRW racing. He built a 13hp from the stock 7 in a 63cc version. At that HP the clutch starts to give you fits though. He has been working with pipes and porting the entire off season on NSRs, and has it down.

The bike is a freakin' rocket.

3. B.Augie

B.Augie Wera 930

thanks Tex, I'll have to gve him a call, any ideas on how,where, to mount some frame sliders to it? Will it keep up with the "OZ" bikes?

4. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

www.teamcalamari.com

They have aftermarket goodies & do motor work, at least for the older NSR50's.

5. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Bodywork is a good frame slider. :D

And it depends on who is on the OZ bike, and whether or not it (OZ bike) is running well. Roadracing world did a great write up on the NSR vs. Metrakit stuff.

6. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

Roadracing world did a terrible write up on the nsr vs metrakit. they dont know their elbow from their asshole.
    Metrakit Specs:
    Stock(SP) 50cc 11hp
    Pro Race 50cc 20hp
    Sp 72cc 22hp
    Pro Race 72cc 25hp
    all in a 120lbs bike
    NSR50 Specs:
    ~7hp ~160lbs

7. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Careful little guy...they wrote based on the performance of the bikes delievered. Which was crap. The NSR beat the Metrakit in all but one race. If you are going for a championship and your superior bike only gives you one race worth of racing...you've lost your championship. If anyone did a poor job in the article it is the yahoo from Metrakit that gave RRW such poor quality bikes.

Wait until the factory is paying your bills before you become so blind with loyalty.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What Two Gun Tex said.

9. mini#22

mini#22 Bus Driver

I agree with what metrakit70 said but i also diagree. Yes the write up was bad. But it is the info for what they had. To answer the original question ya it depends on who is riding the metrakit and who is riding the nsr. But if u have good riders and have u metrakit running, then the metrakit would win.

10. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

11. mini#22

mini#22 Bus Driver

dude if i get my bodywork this week ill be at jennings with my 600 thursday or friday to practice. if not ill be there just to show it off during the weekend while im racing the metrakit.

12. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

sweet man i went this weekend, there's gonna be some STIFF competiton next weekend, hope it dont rain:rolleyes: i got my godfather bodywork at daytona and you can't beat it, i love that stuff, especially for the price

13. mini#22

mini#22 Bus Driver

im gettin the godfather bodywork when they make it for my model. for now airtech is sending me some bodywork, it was made last week so they said it should be here this week.