1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTEMPT 2 - RoadRACE DVD is being shipped out again !!!

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Feb 25, 2005.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I got an email today from customflix saying that they are sending out replacement DVD's (to those that had problems) TODAY !!! The title is back up for sale :)

As you can imagine I am deeply relieved, especially since i do not anticipate ANY issues whatsoever with this remake.

I have to thanks everyone for their patience, and I hope this makes up for the mess that was caused.

I am obviously (having junked 1,200 DVD's) somewhat worse off, so I would definately really appreciate any good "word of mouth" type stuff that those of you that liked it might be able to spread around other places (BBS's etc etc). I've got my work cut out to try to sell this thing now, so I hope its not going to be out of place me asking that from those that liked it.
    Of course, if you didnt like it then feel free to spread the shit by word of mouth too........:beer:

Thanks again to those that helped me with this project (you know who you are) Huey, Vicki, Louis, Marmo etc......:beer:

oh yeah... to order simply check out the website:

www.roadracedvd.com

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  2. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Send a free copy to Greg at TWT begging for a plug. I'm sure if he likes it he'll make a mention. Are you doing the airfence thing again with it? If so that should get it airtime.

3. MarkB

Yup, doing the airfence thing again. $2.50 this time, not quite as generous, but I plan to sell more this time (fingers crossed), so I should be able to raise at least the same amount of money, if not more, in total.

4. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Airfence coin is your ticket to free publicity, use it up, it's the american way. oh sorry, you don't qualify

5. MarkB

Well last time putting $5 on the cost meant that I couldn't sell it through large DVD distributors. In the end I made less than the Airfence. Which is all cool, it was just a first attempt etc.
    This time, $2.50 is more appropriate: It enables me to sell it cheap to potential distributors, yet is still significant enough that I can raise serious money for the AF fund if it goes well.

But, I am not that comfortable with riding that free publicity ticket (honestly).

6. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

no harm in it. marketing 101.
    somebody is getting a worth while product and contributing at the sametime, use it for what it's worth. just bill it properly. free publicity is the best kind. send out press releases and a free copy to those that will promote it.

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Mark, did you contact those two place i sent you the info on?

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

oh, and another thing, you REALLY should bring a bunch to the track with you and just set up a little banner outside our pits letting everyone know you have them for sale.

9. MarkB

...not yet, because I am waiting till I get a box of them, but thanks again for the contact..:)

10. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

Don't forget me. I still want to review it for our next issue.

11. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

Mark - I put your link up on all of the car performance bulletin boards that I am a member on, I hope it generates some revenue for you from some none motorcycle areas :beer:

12. MarkB

Hadn't forgotten - I'll send one as soon as I get my copies - and thanks again :D

13. MarkB

thanks Jerry:beer: - very cool

14. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Cool. I have been anxiously waiting to see your DVD and Gran Turismo 4...not bad to be compared to the most anticipated driving game ever, huh?

:cool:

15. Dano

Dano Thread killer for hire

Great! Now I can watch the video while enjoying my official Roadrace coaster
    :beer:

16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Well get this shit, my video arrived today. Time to kiss all productivity goodbye! :D:beer:

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I got mine today and it works on the 51"!!

Thanks MarkB. Its Awesome!!

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Best part of the picture is Mongo running over someone in that Mule. :up:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was never there!

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

MarkB, your PMS box is full again.