1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's doin the minis?

Discussion in 'General' started by rubberducky, Feb 2, 2005.

1. rubberducky

rubberducky David Rising 742

Ok, who's racing the mini's at Tally and what are you racing on. Im pretty excited, it seems like there might be a decent amount of us.

Does any one have a 15t front sprocket for an xr-100? If I could buy or borrow it that would be great, thanks!

2. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

im racing, metrakit 72cc

3. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

anyone know if you can run an XR100 with DOT trail-wings on it?

/////

4. rubberducky

rubberducky David Rising 742

I am assuming that those are knobbies. That would be a question for Mongo. I am going to also assume that you are going to be using a flat track style of riding. I can probably have some 16" rims with pirellis on them for you if you want to buy a set. They are the street tires just to clarify. Let me know, I have to see if he has a 15t sprocket any way.

5. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

Hey how much do you want for those rims and tires?
    what kinda shape are they in?
    is the front from an 80 or has it been relaced ??

6. Charles Johnson

Charles Johnson Well-Known Member

Alex is running his big brothers Metrakit for the first time. When I was his age we didnt have Mini GP .

7. Charles Johnson

Charles Johnson Well-Known Member

Ed bargy is having sessions for the minis Fri. sign up at 7am. I heard it on his message machine. Oz and company are in route, I spoke with him this morning. Come out and play.

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Bridgestone dual sport tires. Should be OK. And if you don't mind please post some review of their performance so I know what to expect when my XR100 w/ trailwings hits the track?

9. Dano

Dano Thread killer for hire

Yes, you can run knobbies...

10. Dano

Yes, you can run knobbies...

11. Dano

how the fuck did that happen?

12. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, Charles. I had to wait until I was 47 to get my first mini-bike. See ya'll at Tally.
    [​IMG]

13. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Pansies with your street tires. Knobbies rule!!!!:Poke:

:D

14. ValuCycle

Remind me to pass him on the inside only...:eek:

15. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

The fun set up is a 125GP rain front and a "slightly" worn rear knobby. Ask Stick:D

16. ValuCycle

Like I would take advice on tires from Stick.

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Good point:D

18. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

they stick good and give better feedback IMO I havnt had them on the edge with the mini yet but Ive mentioned this before, I drag the pegs thru the gap on a stock height XR with them so they hook up pretty good. you can push them but they dont just cut loose all the sudden and they dont tend to just grab back either which is excellent. the only problem area for them is wet or oily pavement, that is certainly a challange at much of a pace. I havw to mention.. they are good on ice too! I got to the store and back OK this week on them.

I cant make TGPR now, Swainsboro decided to race the first saturday anyway even with the first major flattrack event starting down in Daytona they usually skip..

I ask because ED says NO on my 250 and 600 for school.. even after I tell him I must have over 50,000 on road miles with several bikes on them. he says they slide to easy..

I encourage the cheapest hardest rubber you can find to do track days with to my sportscar customers because its much easier to get a feel for the vehicles dynamics and you also have the sound which helps.

I think its the same for bikes too except the sound!

Id still like to hear from Mongo about them though. I know it would be fun at TGPR (mini thumpers) and from what Im told they are planing a dirt section there too! allways looking for more places to ride..

/////