Anyone have problems with Ruger???

Discussion in 'General' started by black&blue, Jan 26, 2005.

1. black&blue

black&blue Broken Member

Hello all. Well I liked my 454, until I put a scope on it. That's when this cluster started. Long story short, it was made wrong, isent it back (had to pay for shipping) waited six weeks, still wrong, argued with 3 reps, sent back again (had to pay shipping again), now they wont return a phone call, finally got someone who said they were mill the frame for new mounting grooves and refinishing the whole thing, and gave me all the bad atitude to make a short story long. AAARRRR!!! Has anyone had a handgun "lemoned"? Is there laws for such a thing? Thanks for the vent.

Brian

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Is this a 454 Casull?

I'm flinching just thinking about trying one of those. :eek:

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

my next handgun purchase will be a Super Redhawk in .454, but i'll either buy the Alaskan or mod a regular SRH to be just like one. have you shot it yet? i already have a Magnum Research BFR in .454 and i LOVE that load.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i have a friend how who can punch the trigger so quickly on mine that it doesn't go off when the hammer falls. he's a sissy, just like you.:Poke:

5. black&blue

black&blue Broken Member

Yeah its a Casull, and I've put a lot of rounds through it and like it. It's the customer service that has soured my taste. They make some nice stuff, but I'll never buy another one after this. I may have one for sale in a week or two if they send it back, I told them to send a check instead of the gun (they quickly changed the subject). A Thompson Center Encore in Marlin 444 will take its place.

Brian

6. Ed211

Ed211 Well-Known Member

Hell seems to me you dont even need a scope on those beasts, just point and shoot in the general direction of target and anything down range should be taken out! LOL.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

if you decide to get rid of it, let me know how much you want for it. i would prefer a used one to cut up as apposed to a brand new one.

8. Resident Plarp

That's fine. I spent three years working at a clay target range. I started shooting these handicapped loads thinking all that extra power would do me good. I only developed a nice flinch resulting in more zeroes on the scorecard. Now I should these kick ass 7/8oz 3-1/2 dram loads that inkball clays.

Nope, don't need no' 454, I like my shotgun with the 20ga. loads thankyouverymuchpleasedrivethrough. :)

9. black&blue

black&blue Broken Member

What's that smell?
    :D :D :D

10. Resident Plarp

trinitrotuerene?

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i actually hate shooting my slug gun and high powered rifles, the recoil sucks. but i LOVE big hand guns. i have my 454 and a 7mm-08 single shot. the snub nose 454 is the next toy.

12. Resident Plarp

Can't recall shooting a slug out of a Beretta 682 Gold 'cause it's kinda bad for the barrel. :) I did watch a lot of guys come down with some serious firepower. The guy I worked for was and probably still is the #1 Kriegoff dealer in the world and every now and again there were guys coming through buying guns like that for their big African hunts and crazy shit like that.

I'm happy with my little pea shooter.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

my slug gun is a 870(haven't shot it in a few years since i started deer hunting with the handguns). my duck gun is a rusty Super Black Eagle, it is much nicer on the recoil issue. :D

14. black&blue

black&blue Broken Member

They called me back! Amazing. They said id was done and on its way back, convieniently it shipped before I talked to them so they couldn't refund me for it. It should be back early next week, I'll let you know how it turns out. CB186, if I decide I want to go with something else, I'll let you know that too.

As for large bore guns, mo bigga, mo betta! It lets you know your alive! I guess it started at my grandma's house when we were kids, always having some kind of shooting contest. I think I was about 12 or 13 when my uncle got a 375H&H Mag. That quickly became my favorite back then. Nowadays, I'd have to say the trusty Browning 30-06 is the workhorse.

Brian