1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Interesting Trend in Voting . . .

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by halowords, Nov 3, 2004.

1. halowords

halowords Well-Known Member

It if's any consolation:

The most highly educated voters, those with some postgraduate study, backed Kerry by more than 2-to-1.

Some other fun facts about the state of the U.S.:

Bush is wildly unpopular with nearly every other country in the world.

U.S. Debt is at a record high.

Kerry won the vote in Washington D.C. 90% to 9%. Ultimately that proved unimportant, however it is a bit of a statistical oddity that the place Bush works really doesn't want him there.

The good thing about Bush being re-elected is that it'll give Will Farrell more opportunities to do impersonations; the material is just about endless. That's just about it. Any guesses on who might be potential Democratic or Moderate-based candidates next time? I'm pretty certain there will be some backlash from how divided America is over the current administrator; considering how screwed up the country is with the partisan split, the economy, the war(s) in the Middle East, unemployment, etc., maybe Kerry's lucky in the longrun. Still, 2008 can't come soon enough.

-Cheers

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Hillary, God help us all.

3. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

well then the states with the highest avg sat's went bush so what does it mean.

4. nextelcup_joe

nextelcup_joe Well-Known Member

4 more must suck for you.

5. halowords

It COULD mean:

1) That standardized tests are overrated as a means of evaluating intelligence and real-life success, or

2) The non-college educated merely outnumbered the college graduates in those states.

You'd probably have to tell me which states you're talking about, the margin of victory for Bush, number of rural citizens registered to vote, any regional religious bias, voter age in those areas, etc. for me to make an informed guess other than those two hypothetical scenarios. However, that scenario held true for quite a few states that I've read about, and the country as a whole.

Nationally, college-educated people voted for Kerry far more than they voted for Bush. Is it a cause-and-effect coorelation? No; I know very smart people who voted for both sides, but statistically speaking if you do have a college degree you're more likely to have voted for Kerry than for Bush.

-Cheers

6. dtalbott

So I was justified in dropping out of college. :up:

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

D.C. has historically voted Democratic so the only real suprise mabye the margin.

Next Dem for pres.....I'm going out on a limb here......Sam Nunn. He's been off the radar for a long time but he's a solid man and he's conservative. The Dems have to realize that taking the party direction more liberal is the wrong way to go. That leaves Hillary out in my mind. If the Repubs continue to take their party direction Conservative they will alienate enough voters to give a moderate to conservative Dem a chance. My biggest question is if Nunn is even interested. No matter, the smart direction to take the Democratic party is back to the middle of the road.

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Cheers to halowords. Now you can join racerlover as the two most intelligent people on the bbs. Hail to the smarties. The informed. The enlightened. :rolleyes:

Sour grapes.

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If Nunn ran for President, I would probably vote for him. He's always impressed me, even with my usual stance as a Republican. He was a moderate politician, a rare thing. He always impressed me by NOT always finding it an imperative to take a party stance on all the issues.

10. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Refresh my memory here. Didn't DC re-elect Marion Berry as soon as he got out of prison? Something about him being caught smoking crack with a hooker?

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Hillary-Whoever won't stand a chance against McCain-Guliani. :cool:

12. dtalbott

Re: Re: An Interesting Trend in Voting . . .

And back to the Board of Supervisors (I think).

13. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

Arrogant Elitists--- You lost this time (again)

Cheers [​IMG]

14. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

last I checked SD had the highest avg SAT score.

what I think is going to college is not a dependent on one brains but more so on there wallet.

Many from grad school depend on thier income from the largess of the Gubbermint.

Professional school law school turns out more then med school

ps If the dems would have campaigned on something other then saying how dumb bush was and anyone that would vote for him I think they would have done better.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Not when viewed by anyone with a brain, i.e., as a % of GDP. Not even close. Maybe I need to talk to one of those Kerry brainiacs you cited, though, to get the educated interpretation of those facts. ;)

16. Chip

Chip Registered

and this is a shock to you???

The same people that reelected a crack head (Mayor Berry) voted for Kerry.....this makes perfectly good since to me...

This is the same people that elected a city goverment that was so inept that the fedral goverment had to take over just so the trash could get picked up.

DC is a shit hole and the vast majority of the people who live in the city are idtio's... :rolleyes:

17. halowords

No. Just found it ironic that the nation's capital city voted against the standing incumbent by an 9-to-1 margin.

-Cheers

18. racerlover

racerlover Well-Known Member

Oh please Frank, I'm begging you...dont start with the debt speech again. I...I..I...can't take anymore of it. :p

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Re: Re: Re: An Interesting Trend in Voting . . .

Sorry, you guys ain't gonna ever sneak that one by. :D

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'll bet you a Coke that neither of them are on the ticket. ;)