Stolen R6 racebike $Reward$

Discussion in 'General' started by Mary#17, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Can you not read?

The bad guys were not around. The cops knew what I was doing and said that they could not help. Let me repeat myself - the cops were called - understand? They could not do anything. Had a patrol car showed up, then nothing would have happened. It wasn't like my bike was sitting there - it was elsewhere. You can't bust someone for stealing a bike when they don't have the bike.

My friend did not have the bike. He never had the bike. His friend never had the bike but knew who had the bike. That is not a crime, it may not be ethical, but it is not something that he can be arrested for.

What should I have done differently? Let my bike go because they might steal it again? Using that logic, what is to stop them from stealing the bike I would have replaced this one with? By not buying my bike back, I am not hurting anyone, they had my bike and would have sold it for parts and made their money.

If you are so smart and I am a fuckstick, what should I have done, and remember that the police were called and could not do anything. Should I have just let my bike go? What go would that do to help anyone or hurt anyone but me? And remember, the guy didn’t have my bike with him and the police knew what was going on.

Gosh you are smart. :rolleyes:

2. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

You handed someone $2k for your bike right? That makes them an accomplice and they can be arrested... Now that there is several people involved it is an organized crime and can fall under the gang unit. Your friend knows someone that knows the thief, They don't go to the police, they can be arrested as an accomplice. Did you tell the police you are paying $2K to get your stolen bike back? That is extortion, that now becomes a different Police Dept responsibility. Did you not see that. Do you always take no for an answer? Believe me, there is always a police officer out there ready to nail a thief. All they have to do is talk to your friend, explain how he may go down since he is part of it and he had better cough up names. Then they go to the guy he coughs up, same thing....jail time or cough up a name. Trust me on this, it works like that. What would I have done? not paid $2k to get my bike back. If that guys was your friend he would cough up the dudes name and address. I would have got the police involved, the news involved if the police wouldnt budge and gone after them like I have before Texas Justice Style. It don't matter who or what they are, people will cough up names.... DOn't believe me? Just call and report a domestic dispute. Police will be there in no time..then casually walk up and explain you were informed that this man knows where your stolen bike is.....problem solved.....

3. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Just was wondering how you could trust the dude you gave the two grand to? You could have been out 10k if he pimped you.

Thieves are kinda like terrorists you shouldn't make deals with them.

(glad you got you bike back though)

4. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

so who did the 2Gs go too then???? wasnt that to get it back?? wouldnt it have been much easier to tell the cops that this guy has my bike, go get it? or if no one had the bike than who did the money go to, and what for?? was it to the middle man to tell you where it was? if thats the case than you should have had the cops talk to him. the guy is known to have stolen bikes, well have the cops talk to him and get the ass charged, and if he is known to have stolen bikes than that has the sound of an organized grand theft operation to me, and i am sure he would have gottenin some trouble. the WHOLE thing sounds REALLY strange to me.

6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

oh and you said before that these are the kind of people that you dont want mad at you. but that doesnt mean you pay them money. it amounts to extortion as mentioned before. and yeah there are lots of guys in my town i wouldnt want mad at me, but if they steal my stuff, I WILL NOT BACK DOWN!!!

i am very territorial and cheap so giving them more for my stuff would send me into a rage!!

7. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

No, you are watching to much tv.
    I give the guy $2000 and then what? The cops are going to arrest him for that? He didn’t do anything wrong by accepting cash. He could have said that he was going to sell me something. It is my word against his, and he isn’t going to accept the money if the cops are standing next to me. He broke no laws by accepting an envelope full on cash.

And if he didn’t accept the cash, he wouldn’t have made the call to have my bike dropped off. The cops can’t trace a cell phone call in 30 seconds like on TV, so that is a dead end. I had no clue where my bike was – I had to trust him that he was going to get me my bike, even though I knew he may not be the most honest person ever.

The police told me NOT to go do what I did because they thought that I would get jacked. But they could not do anything to help me. The whole time I did this, no one broke any laws. You can’t arrest anyone if they don’t break a law. You can’t threaten them to give up info if you don’t have anything on them. And they are not going to lead you to a big room full of bad guys and stolen bikes even if they were to confess everything.

I am pretty sure that the bad guys don’t warehouse a bunch of stolen bikes and sit at a table counting cash. They probably stash the bikes where they won’t lead the cops to them until they get around to breaking them up to sell.

I know my money went to bad guys and I am sick about that but there was NOTHING that could be done by me or the cops.

The middleman did not have anything to do with my bike until my friend called him and he looked into it. Why would I want to have him busted? As far as I know he has never stolen anything in his life and even told me what he does to make sure his Harley doesn’t get stolen (it involves big mean dogs). As far as I am concerned, I am glad that he did what he did for me and I hope he got the majority of my $2000 and the f**kers that bought my stolen bike didn’t get much.

8. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

by your friend taking the cash and making a call to have a stolen bike left somewhere is agaisnt the law. Tracing Cell phones? Instantly. When was the last time you looked at your cell phone bill? All the numbers you dial are on it. Did ya listen to the police when they said don't do it? NO. Your friend could have been arrested with the cash. You told the police you were going to give $2k to someone to get your bike back. Boom. Your friend has $2k. He has a lot of explaining to do. Doesn't matter. He doesn't cough up names and numbers, they can book him with the crime, and all the proof they need is that you gave hime $2k for your bike and he would make a call to have it delivered. Yup. That's a crime... organized crime...federal time.....

9. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

The more I understand the more I think you rolled over. :(

I have a hard time with the "Cops couldn't-wouldn't do anything" aspect. The cops I know especially the cops that ride would LOVE to get their teeth into case like this.

I know I was not in your shoes but I would not have paid a thief or a friend of a thief 2 grand unless it would lead the cops to their quarry and my satisfaction.

10. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

You are so wrong.

The Cleveland police don't care about a stolen bike. They have better stuff to do. They wouldn't do anything, and I came right out and asked. I came out and told them exactly what was going on and all they did is tell me not to go and do it. They don't care about some small theft. They wouldn't interview someone just because I told them I gave them $2000 for a stolen bike.

It is not illegal to have $2000 cash on you and it would be harassment to bug him. They can't search someone for no reason. You don’t have to tell the police anything and they can’t hold you for no reason. It is not a crime and my word is not enough to make it a crime, if it were then I could get anyone I wanted to arrested for carrying cash.

And as far as I know, they can’t look at your phone bills without a judge’s order (except maybe now under the patriot act).

The law is set up to protect criminals at the expense of the victims.

11. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

I really don't care if you guys agree or don't agree with what we did. That's your business. We did what we felt we had to do to minimize the damage to ourselves. All I know is the police told us not to do it but offered nothing in regards to helping us get it back. Everything after that is up for speculation as to what may or may not, should or should not, have happened and we went for the sure thing. As far as the Cleveland police go, you are lucky if they show up for violent crimes. They are not interested in something like this.

It's interesting how the victims get so easily blamed by all the know it alls who have all the answers. Maybe next time this will happen to one of you smart asses and you will do better.

Regardless, we just wanted to let people know we got the bike back so that they would quit looking for it. We are very thankful to all the people who have helped us out.

Mary

12. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Glad its back with its owners! but damn...

13. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Been there and done that and got my bike back without paying a damn thief. If the police weren't cooperating, go up the chain of command. They are just like any other business. Stop feeding the friggin thieves and do what is right next time and help stop the thieves from stealing bikes.

As for your husband/boyfriend/wimp. No it is not illegal to have $2k in your wallet. Yes they can arrest him for having it of you told him he was buying a stolen bike with it. You can be held in jail for 72 hours and not be told why you are being held. After 72 hours they have to press charges or release you. During an investigation they can interview him. Bring him in, sit him down and tell him to prove to the police that he is not part of the bike ring when has has $2k in his pocket that someone has said is to be used to purchase a stolen bike. Search order would be secured for the phone records. You just talked to the wrong people at the police and rolled over like the puking victims whining oh woe is me, my bike is stolen and I had to pay someone $2k to get it back....stop crying wolf....You all asked for help. you got our advice and it sucks to be wrong doesn't it? BTW it is still not to late to pursue this, but I see how you don't want to hurt the feelings of the thieves. Maybe they will steal your bike back again and sell it back to you for $3500......dumb@$$

14. R1one

R1one Well-Known Member

im sorry for your misfortune....i can understand your frustration about all this. i still can't believe how easy for them to get away with it. thast the only thing that bothers me alot and in turn making them more bolder the next time to other riders as well.

i do believe your experience from all this can't be felt by us from just posting your opinion here until someone actually experienced it. its a different ball game. i just wish it could have turn out better . yes you got your bike back. one thing for sure i will never get over it. whos the fooker who did this etc etc in all seriousness its time to move to a new location

you did what you had to do and im sorry to hear this. Be careful next time bro. only you can know/decision whast good for you and maybe in your difficult situation you had to do it. anyway glad yuo have you bike back minus the 2000 + other things not mention.

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Every cell phone call in the US is logged in a data base for billing and anti-fraud purposes. I worked on the data base that AT&T Wireless uses. The AT&T anti-fraud unit can answer a query on calls made to any cell phone within a matter of seconds when asked by authorities.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

whatever dude, you fucked the pooch on this one. i don't believe "the cops don't care" bullshit for a second.

the mere fact that everyone here says you are wrong doesn't even apply to your logic. i'm sorry this happened to you, but damn.

17. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

This is a great example of taking "no" for an answer when you should not.

I have been in three situations in my life when I could have easily taken the "no" I first received and walked away knowing that I had just been screwed. But instead, I kept going until I found someone who would listen, because I knew that I was right and something needed to be done. Yeah, I experienced some grief along the way but in the end I came out on top. If you know you are right you keep going up the "chain of command" until you get to someone who will listen to you: Police Chief, Mayor, Governor, Media, State Police, FBI, etc. Sooner or later someone will listen. And you might be surprised how the persons involved in your bike theft might be involved in bigger wrong doings, drugs, weapons, etc. and it might fall in someone elses jurisdiction.

I am just not one to give up that is all. I would want my bike back too, but your supposed friend having contact with these people is too suspicious.

18. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

WERA522 if you think that I am a "wimp" why not say it to my face and see if I back down. You internet experts kill me.

As far as going up the chain of command - I talked with the captain - that is the highest officer that we have in this city. He talked to the Cleveland police and they said that they could not do anything. It isn't a matter of wanting to or not - my best friend's little brother is a cop in this city and he tried everything he could think of. There WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO! Are you understanding this? The people I dealt with did not break any laws!

You are Fucking retarded if you think that it is illegal to carry $2000 or that a cop would or could do anything to someone carrying $2000. It is my word vs his plain and simple. He could come up with any excuse and without me having any proof it would end there. Until a cop or lawyer responds to this I am done talking with you fags!

19. 418

418 Expert #59

This is bizzare, to say the least.

I understand your situation, but what you did is fucked up. Plain and simple.

20. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

everyone stfu!!!

rusnack and mary....was it worth the $2k to get your bike back?
    if yes, great, i am happy you got your bike back.
    if no, ohhh, that sucks, shoulda listened to these dorks.

glad you got your bike back.

ignore these folks we are all idiots.