Paging Emerge Racer (Tony)

Discussion in 'General' started by NewRacer, Sep 12, 2001.

1. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

2. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

What?!?
    You getting a TTR?
    I have a TTR125, but it isn't the "L"
    What do you need to know?

3. NewRacer

oops...forgot that you had one too....

yes, I am thinking about buying one... What are your thoughts? Is it a good training tool?(big enough for a good workout? etc...)

How is the arm?

4. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

We have the smaller one. Same motor, frame, plastic as the "L". The only diff is that the "L" has the disk brake up front slightly longer suspension travel front and rear and larger wheels/tires.

The smaller bike is the same size as a XR100, the other bike feels more like a big wheel 80cc motocrosser.

We got the little bike cheap from a kid who never took it out of his back yard.

It is a fun bike, better then a XR for doing wheelies. It isn’t a real dirt bike, but a fun play bike.

Arms doing good. Scars make you look tuff.

5. NewRacer

You and Mary going to Putnam? Do you get my email about talking to Myrick?

Glad to hear about the arm, hopefully we will see you out there on a 600 again... [​IMG]

Did Mary get her new bike yet?
    B

6. emerge racer

emerge racer Active Member

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Dare I say I haven't been monitoring BBS for a while.

The TTR is not a "real" dirt bike but it is a blast. A friend of mind built a track in his yard for his son. 15’ table top, 3-whoop section, through the woods then a couple of doubles. It’s a blast, I jump the thing like there’s no tomorrow. I have bent the bars but other than that it hold up pretty well. The suspension needs work on if your going to do more than ride it in yard. BBR make about anything you can think of for it. New springs, triple clamp etc. High dollar stuff but cool. Currently I’m looking for a clap-out YZ 80(93 or later) the front end will bolt up with just a little modification. That should be all the front-end suspension I will need.

If you have a place to ride the TTR I suggest get one. There light enough you can throw it around, or push it off of yourself, pretty easy. You can ride hard for 20 min. and get a good work out plus have fun doing it. It’s great for stoppies too.

It was pretty sad, I road at Nelson for the first time, went through the kink full blast (the only place it seemed (my P was hurting that day I guess) with no problems, I get home and go ride the TTR and crash 3 time, skin-up my arms and burse my leg.

7. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Hey!! Howd you end up doing at nelson anyway?? When are we hooking up for a dirtbike day??? Let me know. I hope things are well.