V.I.R. ENDURANCE ROUND

Discussion in 'General' started by [email protected], Sep 3, 2001.

1. blazecyc@mindspring.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I dont really know if I'm OK w/having 2 endurance races on same day or same week end for that matter @ VIR., and here's why. Lets
    say a team destroys a bike or blows a motor
    (we had both happen to us at summit on both our bikes) normally you would have a week or more to rebuild the damage
    and be ready for the next race-given only a day or even an hour separating the races would not only DNF you for one race but for
    two races given the lack of time (or spares)
    to get ready for the next race. At this point in the season many of the top teams are
    on there "B" bike as it is. Is there any chance we could combine a regional week w/national endurance race ? Just my 2 cents folks.
    Mat Cramer-Team Chaos.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just to play devils advocate - what's different in 2 4's versus one 8?

Actually I do have an answer that will support your argument b ut I'm curious if anyone else done thunk it yet...

3. 13x

13x 13x.com

Why doesn't anyone use the endurace forum? [​IMG]

Assuming that Sean can't find another track this late in the season and he doesn't want to deny track time to other riders at a local event the idea behind two races was as follows:

a) WERA get's twice the entries (to make up for Memphis)

b) Team's get to score more points (to make up for the FUSA style shortened schedule)

c) Suzuki gets an opportunity to pay out more of that oh-so-wonderful contingency cash.

I can see where it could be a hardship for the smaller teams. But it might be cheaper to beg/borrow/steal a spare bike for the weekend than to take off work and travel to another track entirely.

Jim
    AOD

ps - sean - turn on your cell phone.

[This message has been edited by 13x (edited 09-03-2001).]

4. blazecyc@mindspring.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Sean - check your e-mail.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey now it's a holiday! No cell phone and no email! Well, okay, I already checked my email but I'm too lazy to go get the cell phone, sorry Jim!

6. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Yeah, you tell'em, Mongo!

I just sent Nancy to the store fer some more Coronas! [​IMG]

7. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Why dont we run a round at No Problem Raceway in LA. They already have the schedule and RPM is running a 4 hour on Saturday.
    Everything seems in place..........Just a thought

8. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Yeah, a holiday...I'm sitting here with the flu and it's pouring outside. Blah!

Matt, can you offering any suggestions? I was wondering if we can have a post-GNF event? Kinda keep the cobwebs from forming...

9. MarkReeser516

MarkReeser516 Well-Known Member

Just trying to figure out what you are talking about. Isn't VIR endurance race on Sat. and sprints on Sun. just like a normal weekend with an endurance race? You make it sound like they are having an endurance race Sat. and another one on Sun.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too little lead time for everyone to make plans, same reason the TBA idea is now dead and that we won't add another day onto VIR or the GNF. Too many teams have normal type jobs with all the vacation day scheduling headaches that go along with them.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of this is just throwing out ideas on how to make up for the Memphis rain out. Right now some of the ideas thrown around by teams at Memphis are - two rounds at VIR (giving the chance to win teo contingency awards, two purses, two sets of points etc...), double points at VIR or the GNF (no chance at the lost money from Mmephis contingency or purse), adding a race on Thrusday or Monday at VIR (see my other post about scheduling problems for teams), and so on. No decision will be made until later this week after getting some info from VIR on our running times and working out some logistics and discussing it in the office to cover all pros and cons of each.

12. melissa

melissa Sir

It seems that running two endurance races on the same day is essentially the same thing as double points (as far as potential loss or gain in points to the teams goes), but double points doesn't offer WERA the opportunity to offset their losses from Memphis, and doesn't offer the teams the opportunity to race for the contingency we lost at Memphis. Plus, we didn't get to race, and in an already shortened season, I know I need all the track time I can get! I'd much prefer two races over double points.

13. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

How aboot the VIR round as single points for all. The makeup Memphis as 2X for all those entered at Memphis and single points for those that weren't previously entered. WERA gets 2 entry fees and the Memphis racers compete for 3 rounds of points.

14. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Why 3 rounds of points for those who missed one race? Maybe I'm not reading it correctly.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Longer version of what he's asking for - One round for VIR. One makeup round for Memphis and in order to make us money we allow anyone to enter who wants to spend the bucks. Those who made the trek to Memphis and sat around in the rain for two days waiting get a bonus of double points for having made that effort.

16. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

So you're talking about a total of two races at VIR open to everyone but the second (makeup) race would award double points only to those who were at Memphis?

That seems more fair because it lowers the points ratio from 2-1 to more like 2-1.5 but penalizes those teams which can't afford to do both races versus the teams which sat around all weekend at Memphis (EVEN THOUGH THEY DID SPEND MONEY! I KNOW THAT!)

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First and foremost - I am NOT saying this is what will happen!!!!

Now that we have that out of the way - it doesn't penalize those teams who didn't go to Memphis. They chose not to run that round therefore it's not a penalty. It rewards those teams who did go just as if they had been able to run they would have gotten those same points above and beyond the teams who did not go.

18. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

What about all the national sprint races? How will those be made up?

19. STORMIN27

STORMIN27 Active Member

Is this an endurance only discussion? Or are thinking of doubling points and money for sprints also?

20. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

I beat ya