1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racetech installation video - Got one?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tim503, Jul 18, 2004.

1. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

I have a racetech kit for the forks on my '01 GSXR750, but I don't have the installation video that goes with it. Does anyone have one they don't need anymore? If so, please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Tim

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I will look and see. I had at least one of those around here somewhere.

3. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Let me know if you have any luck finding it.

4. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

I got one, but the video is not "GSXR" specific like your kit is. The video they send out with the goldvalve kits shows the guy rebuilding some dirtbike forks. But for all intended purpose the majority of the process is the same.

Honestly if you have ever changed fork oil, the rest of it is a snap. Just follow the directions and use a shim stack that they suggest.

I rebuilt my forks and rear shock on a GSXR600, worked great and was not that hard to install. I used the suggested shim stacks provided +1. Meaning i went one stack stiffer.

But in any event, if the other guy does not have the VHS, i got one.

5. jnhrtmn

jnhrtmn Oxymoron (ems racer).

I just did my '02 GSXR 750 right before Nelson's with the Gold Valves and man what a nightmare of a ride. Don't crimp the rebound adjuster and get it stuck (easy to do).

The video looks like it was made in the '80s and it is a dirt bike part. Like the other guy said, the instructions that come with it are more than adequate. The best thing to do is get the maintenance manual for that bike, it will explain the particulars for that bike (like how "not" to get the rebound adjuster stuck).

If the '01 is like the '02, you'll have to grind off and drill all sorts of shit that's not in the video anyway. Everything from the peened on rebound bottomer to the bleed hole in the new shock valve. Study the instructions very well. They have every detail.

6. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Yea a friend of mine valved his 929 forks and also did not reset the rebound height before he put it all back together....needless to say one got stuck and actually broke........a park he could not buy, had to get another leg basically.

I think its 1.5mm from flush on the GSXR if i remember right.

7. jnhrtmn

jnhrtmn Oxymoron (ems racer).

Sounds right, but the maintenance manual says 2.5 turns in from full out, and Race Tech says 3.5 turns from full out, but then they make the comment in the instructions to do what the maintenance manual says. I used 3.5 just to have the extra adjustability, in spite of what is might change by that extra millimeter in the rebound rod length???.

Of course you put that cap on lightly til it stops, then back the rebound adjuster off a turn or so and tighten the cap down.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think conventional forks a much easier than the usd forks, no?

9. Barry

Barry EAT ME simple enough

gold valve

I gold valved my 98 ZX6R conventional forks and i had no problems AT ALL, it was very easy. I also ordered a (rebound needle) from traxxion and it was SOOOO much better. The video doesn't really show you much other then to be clean and organized.

10. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

I got a 97 GSXR and bought the gold vavle for it and I dont think the video is going to be much help for you! (I am looking right now for advise on doing it myself also) So good luck and let us all know how you weather thru it:)