I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

For me I wouldn’t carry a solely rechargeable light / optic / etc because if you are on a detail / incident / mission you often won’t have access to recharging capabilities. So the light becomes useless if you can’t swap out a battery.

I can carry extra batteries in my gear.

Same logic applies if the battery were to fail in the rechargeable light.

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

A PD/SWAT gun, I was working on fixing & test-firing, a lifetime ago (just came across it in my hard-drive)

4j250qhpqm_198726665-2.jpg

Jed likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Did a small gun show this weekend in venice. It was slow but sold a bunch thankfully. IMG_8794.jpeg

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Olight has earned a reputation of really shit design causing overheating issues, battery problems (I believe they have some proprietary stuff), mediocre-subpar actual performance, and shit qc are everything I’ve read. No personal experience with them myself but don’t see a reason to risk it. Streamlight is affordable and proven and battery life is still plenty long enough that changing them really isn’t an inconvenience. Though I actually have more surefire than streamlight. But that also may change soon.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Surefire was the other brand I was thinking of that I could not recall.

6. redtailracing

Think I may actually try a Modlite out on the rifle soon as well. Probably going to swap to dual fuel (not sure which body yet) and a modlite head. At the night shoot, there was a dude running one and it put everything else out there to shame. Clear visibility to 300 yards and really didn't white wash indoors. I was sold. Likely stick with a surefire dual switch cap run to a tape switch.

7. Brianj666

Brianj666 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an oracle arms 2311 yet? Do you love it, or do you wish you would've gone with a staccato p? I'm having a hard time deciding. I want one or the other, but cant decide. Someone please help me make up my mind.

8. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Going to shoot my first USPSA match this afternoon. Been watching a lot of stage videos. Pretty sure it is going to be a good time!

Steeltoe, RonR, redtailracing and 2 others like this.
  9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

10. Steak Travis

Let us know how it goes! I need to try and get into some organized shooting.

11. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I don't think I am going to score all that well. First time action shooting, and I am running my actual carry gear, which is a G43x and a single magazine carrier. I'm really just wanting to practice shooting my gear under more stress than you get at an indoor range. I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

StaccatoFan and redtailracing like this.
  12. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I just ordered a couple of suppressors also. Both on backorder and I am putting them in a trust. No idea how long the wait will be.
    Here's what I am getting:

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/pistol/rugged-obsidian-9.html

I also ordered the Rugged Oculus for my P322, but it seems to have disappeared from the Silencer Shop website.

13. Steak Travis

trust is the way to go and now is the time to buy. I’ve got maybe 4 files as individual but all the others and future will be on the trust

RonR and dazo like this.
  14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah if I knew how deep I was going to get into suppressors I would’ve done trusts from the beginning. What once seemed like a gimmick has now became a way of life.

sanee, StaccatoFan and dazo like this.
  15. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Just got back from the match. 55th out of 63 shooters. There was a great group of welcoming shooters in my squad who helped me learn the deal.

The match was a short 3 stages that were very beginner friendly.

It was a fun challenge, probably going back next week.

MachineR1, RonR and tiggen like this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Were you shooting a gun made by Honda or Yamaha?

Kidding, cool that you took the leap and had fun.

dazo likes this.
  17. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

LOL! I was just so worried about flagging everyone that I chose to be slow. My goal was to not get DQ'd and not be last!

I've only been shooting for a year and to be not last is great.

Does anyone know if I can post a YouTube link in this thread? I have video of one of the stages. It's not pretty, but it is my honest first effort at competitive shooting.

brex likes this.
  18. redtailracing

That's awesome dude and the perfect goal to have. I'd recommend just throwing the vid in the youtube thread and mentioning here when you do just to play it safe. Glad you had fun. I've been doing 3 gun comps for 6 months or so now and have had similar goals. Don't be last, don't fuck up too bad, and be smooth.

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Looks like my STI Edge. Do it. Mine's .40. Love it. You won't be disappointed. If you're concerned about the price it's a bargain compared to Akai.

20. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Posted a link to the video of one of the stages on the YouTube thread.