1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Ya I’ll probably keep it just to plink with. I’m kind of Broome with my carry guns. Firm believer in you must have 100% confidence and a gun that works for you for an EDC. Most people cannot shoot my sigs because my funky custom triggers because I’ve broken my trigger finger so many times in hockey.

2. Like most shit I have I won’t be able to leave it stock. I’ll have to scan the trigger or find a billet one with enough stock I can hand shape due to lack of movement in my trigger finger. I can still shoot a stock trigger but not properly.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Well, their work also almost cuts the pull weights in half for the DA and SA pull. They put a different trigger shoe on as well with a less drastic curl on it.

My P01 came back a much improved firearm. Like I say way too often. If we lived closer. I’d gladly let you try it.

Maybe if you add your trigger first then send it off for the pro package and tell them to use your trigger for your finger issues that is the solution. Then your index finger is addressed with a lighter trigger. Just an idea. But keep that CZ. They’re pretty awesome.

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

M*Carbo has a CZ Trigger kit I used to do the same, it was around $35 if I remember correctly, Easy install.

Christopher Graybosch likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

That’s cool.
    I ordered their titanium firing pin kit for my P365. It should be here soon.

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Today, I spent the morning at a local gun club doing a two-gun shoot; pistol and carbine. It was my third centerfire match of any kind and I was running mid-pack on scoring, until the third stage. For that run, you had to start with a carbine. Starting on the X, you were to move, shoot the white bit at the top of of the diagram twice and then work your way forward in a zig-zag fashion. Targets had to be shot in tactical order (pie the room as your peak the barrel around from cover). I watched everyone go before me wondering why no one stopped where they were after shooting the last targets on the top left side and then just swing over and go for the yellow hostage target. There was plenty of room, but everyone was running to the right to shoot it with their pistol after having run the whole stage with a rifle. It didn't make sense to me and I figured maybe there were 3-5 seconds to be had by taking the shot from the left without moving.

For my turn, I got all the way to the end, and after shooting the targets at top left in the diagram, saw a clear shot on that 2" diameter yellow plate, raised my rifle and just as I let off the shot, the RSO yells "NOOooo!"

I was a bit puzzled at the RSO's call, safed my weapons and then asked him why he called out that way.

Apparently, you're not to shoot yellow targets with a rifle. They're all pistol only.

Oops. So I got DQ'd for a safety violation as it's not wise to be shooting steel with a rifle that close (probably 5-7 yards). The RSO handled it pretty well and explained the situation and then he shrugs as he says "maybe I didn't say yellows are pistol only during the briefing ... "

Fine, fine. So, walking back to the starting area one of the dudes pipes up "at least your holdover is really dialed in." Apparently, it was a dead center hit on that little yellow thingie. Small prize, I suppose. :D

Anyway, hung out for a bit, helped reset targets and then peeled out before it was over.

Gunz are cool

Boomheadshot.png

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Live and learn I suppose. But you’re out there running your shit and that’s badass.

8. Resident Plarp

That's the goal; learn with every shoot. It wasn't like I muzzled the entire squad with my finger on the trigger.

I'm fortunate, in that, there are four places that regularly host matches within 30 minutes of the house. Once the littles are done with school this year, I'll be doing a shoot every Tuesday night (15 minutes from the home) in addition to whatever weekend shoots come up. Right now, I'm just trying to get spun up for the in June. If anyone's in SW Michigan, let's go sling lead together sometime!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I’ve used a few of their trigger kits. Always flawless and my P-07 has thousands of rounds through it. Same with my Scorpion, shield 9, and m&p2.0 9mm. All MCarbo trigger kits all with many many rounds.

though I do not change the firing pin springs that come in the kits. Those stay factory

RonR likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

11. My issue isn’t pull weight, all depends on the gun but I’m more in the middle as far as weight goes but particular about feel pull length. Good idea on trigger then send it off. Like all else I’ll end up keeping this thing. Dumping a bunch of money into it to get it how I want so it can sit and do nothing while I’m repeating the same process on another gun. I’m 6 3” so have larger hands and unlike some of my Sigs out of the box the feel of the grip is liveable.

12. Resident Plarp

These things are hand canons.

handcanons.jpg

13. redtailracing

Mk23? Hard to tell for sure on my phone. But one of my halo guns.

14. Resident Plarp

Yep. Mk23. It only needs a KAC silencer to go with it to complete the package (for twice the price … if you can find one).

15. redtailracing

lol yea good luck with that. I think I vaguely remember you mentioning that before now that I think about it. Also, keep an eye on the forums and Reddit - I’ve seen a couple group buys on LBT holsters that can accommodate the KAC can.

not sure if I previously mentioned this but I passed on one with the Wilcox IR device for $2900 a few months back. Still kicking myself over that one. Considering those are also like hens teeth to find and damn near as much as the gun when you do, that was a hell of a deal. FML.

How does that thing shoot compared to other 45s?

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Got my CHL license today. 10 business days from submitting my app at the Sheriffs dept. Hopin' it helps me to get in and out of gun shops easier w/0 the guaranteed delays I get....and for traveling as well.

17. Ordered one today. 3D scanned the stock trigger today as well, plus critical points on the gun. Also did the grip as well.

lizard84 likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

I got my MCarbo firing pin kit for my P365 Legion today...we're all MCarbod' up in this bitch!

19. Resident Plarp

Maybe! Is pot legal in your state? If so, you’re still gonna get NICS’d. I mean, it’s okay to go vote without ID an’ shit.

Awesome, you guys do that. I’m gonna see how many times I can get DQ’d for rifling a pistol target in the month of May so I don’t have to shoot my P365 more than I have to. :D :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

research tells me , i hand the gun store my CHL, they staple a copy of it to a blank 4473, I sign the 4473, pay for the gun and walk out the door.

But, many of the big retailers will still do the full background check and play the waiting game.