1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an Airplane?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Aug 6, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  3. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Meanwhile at the Allied Pilots Asc…

Attached Files:

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If only there was some sort of....calcumalations....to estimalize...some sort of.....hmmm i dont know what you call it middle ground figure....like if everyone of those 77,000 pilots got the same amount from that $50,000,000.....But that is just too darn complicated, even for a room full of ATP's with E6B's and a 100 years.....

:D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you assuming that all 77,000 pilots are paid the same and that the money will be divided equally, even though 1.85% of a lot of money is probably* more than 1.85% of less money?

* I'm being careful here, I'm no engineer. :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  6. Steak Travis

I wish I got paid the same as an A350 captain.

the union meeting where they bring you in and give you pizza and warm beer and tell you that you can join the union and pay your dues or if you don’t join you are fined the exact same amount was rich.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

WTF?!

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No...they most certainly wont do it that way as that would be fair...and we are talking about unions here sooooo...definitely not the fair way.

My guess is there will be some overly complicated formula that somehow gives 30% of the whole pot to 3% of the union brass and they will tell the rank and file they were lucky to get anything and the brass had to pry it from managements teeth using only a paperclip and their wits, with great risk to life, limb and ticket and that rank and file should be eternally grateful that the union brass stood up for them and remember them at election time.

Or something like that.

:D

Steak Travis likes this.
  9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

How do they handle this if you live in a right-to-work state?

10. Steak Travis

I can send a note and ask. I’m curious now but when I heard that I was astounded they were able to do that. It must be for a finite period of time or something. That’s only scratching the surface too. I flew with a guy who is a union man and told me some things I couldn’t believe they could do.

11. Steak Travis

It is 10:30pm and we’re on some twisty roads. If the crew van ends up going off the cliff you know who did it!