1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show me your view

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 22, 2022.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

nope - you probably wouldnt. i live near the san andreas . have felt more than i would like, every one different. some rolling, some crack quickly...the worst part is when they happen, you dont know---is it about to get worse!? then, thankfully it is over...the feeling, the sound...it gets unnerving. a 6 or 7 would be terrifying imo.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Why couldn't the damn eclipse be today!? :mad:

Perfect conditions. 75% chance of overcast at the actual time, enhanced threat of hail/tornadoes that evening.

[​IMG]

adrenalist, r6fast, ToofPic and 8 others like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If you could just order up the size you want... But yeah.

Seems like it would definitely remind us humans where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

gixer1100 likes this.
  4. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Beautiful day here in central Texas. My wife is stressed about the weather on eclipse day. She is all geared up with her cameras to do time lapse with one and photos with the other. Hopefully we get a break in the clouds at the right time. Awesome pic. The blue bonnets are going off this year.

Once a Wanker.. and auminer like this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sakura in Tokyo

7E186511-A1B2-45B3-96D5-EF56A2F32339_1_105_c.jpeg

adrenalist, ToofPic and mike w like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You need to make a video of those multiple-floor, narrow-as-fuck motorcycle stores if they are still out there.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Any idea what part of town to look for them?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't remember. It was quite a struggle to find them and that was 24 years ago. It was worth the hassle, though. So much cool shit to buy.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My guess is that they're gone. So much new stuff here rebuilt with updated earthquake standards. I searched Youtube and couldnt find anything resembling them.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just re-read my journal. I didn't make a note before it was. Honestly, I have no idea where I was. I did that in the morning, and the sumo tournament featuring Akebono in the afternoon. Fantastic day.

motion likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Too bad. 6 to 9 floors. All motorcycle stuff. It felt like Bruce Lee in Game of Death. Except no one tried to kill me.
    Only time I ever saw a Ducati 400 SS. I didn't even know it was a thing.

motion likes this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

HPPT and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The Ueno District truly overwhelmed my senses when I was there in January of 1988.

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Ueno is a shadow of it's former self, as I recall from magazines from the era. That said, it still has some cool shops and is worth a visit for the enthusiast. There is at least one of the "I thought it was a tiny shop, but it is 5 floors high" places. I think "Rabee" was one (I bought some gloves). There is a small shop called "Ride On" (with a big Arai sign) that is run by a guy who used to be an Arai factory guy at the GPs. He has signed helmets from everybody, and speaks English well enough that we could have a nice chat.

Like most places in Tokyo, you have to go through Tokyo to get there, so there are almost no bad destinations. Saw a bunch of cool stuff at our destination, but many more on the way there and back.

BikeShop.jpg

Sabre699 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

435127479_1137246730794283_3917377756561800178_n.jpg 435141754_1137246684127621_1695796697818585924_n.jpg

This is my new daily drive over Hopland.Got a job at a winery. Should be fun,until it snows

motion, adrenalist, Razr and 2 others like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, shit... :(

19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

240416riverroad.jpg

motion and Sabre699 like this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member