1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Road Atlanta | April 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Make sure you delete any old bookmarks / links and delete your cookies then try again.

2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I heard baz let off and enchilada ass packed him.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just watched till the end of feed and caught them shaking hands

4. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

That’s right, the track opened August of 2008.

A friend raced the very first weekend on Thunderbolt for SVRA (vintage car racing) and was chewing left fronts up something fierce. It was a 100* F weekend too.

27 likes this.
  5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Uu
    You may need to delete and re-install your apps. After all of the upgrades they did this winter, it required logging out/password resets and some app reinstalls.

7. Hoffman900

My MA Live has been flawless all weekend. Rare indeed, but it is working

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  8. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Yup, other than the sound issue (lack of nats - which they fixed in time) the feed itself was great. Watched it all day while working on NASCAR bits at Fox.

t

GixxerBlade likes this.
  9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool to see all the little WERA rats running up front in JC. Congrats Blake, on the SS podium, such a great kid.

10. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

have you uploaded the “new” app?? Last years app doesn’t work anymore

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How was today's weather at the track?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Perfect

Once a Wanker.. and YamahaRick like this.
  13. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

The lack of sound was funny in light of the extended-dance-mix commercial they did for the microphone manufacturer earlier. (TBF, they do seem really good when someone remembers to pipe them in)

Both races were awesome.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Matty Chapin rode a smart last lap to win the Juniors.

15. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

I was in T7 most of the day Saturday and that was some great racing in pretty much every class.

Unfortunately MA screwed the weekend up for me and I packed it in and left after the bagger race. Yeah, I'm one of those who think the baggers are good entertainment and fun to watch, but damn the riders were putting on a helluva show in all the classes

Our local British bike club was supposed to display 25 bikes in the fan zone, we have done this every year at MA , so we were all on our way on Friday when some A'hole security guard told the club pres that we didn't have a spot. Moto America later said he was wrong but by that time most of the guys had turned around and gone home.

When I got to the gate on Friday with a weekend pass and parking pass, they wanted me to pay another $75 to camp. I didn't pay but camped with a buddy who did. Then they wanted to search my cooler and confiscate any alcohol. I refused and drove off, I figured if they wanted to chase me down over a 12 pack I would go home too.

I don't know if the no alcohol policy is RA or MA but I'm not sure how we can go race at a track that won't allow us to bring a few beers for the evenings. I wanted to ask if they searched all of the motor homes that were parked along the back straight. I doubt it because the pay a lot to park there.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

MA definitely didn't have a no alcohol policy at COTA. MA has been pumping out bulletins about security at RA not fucking around, you must stop for them, show creds for scanning, police are working certain gates, etc or you'll be ejected with no appeal so I'm guessing it's RA?

17. Hoffman900

That’s not a MotoAmerica issue, but a Road Atlanta issue. MotoAmerica gets a lot of flack for things that really aren’t under their control

Anyone remember Mid Ohio security of old? Sounds like Road Atlanta hired those guys

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So the pres club just told everyone to go home without confirming the direction of non-MA personnel? I believe I’d be asking him why he didn’t escalate to MA.

as far as camping, you’re butthurt because you didn’t read the rules that are clear about camping. Got it. Sounds like a you problem.

Let me guess, security didn’t just randomly approach and ask to search your shit, right? They came by, saw you drinking, and then asked to confiscate your stuff after you copped an attitude about it? Lol and you’re willing to not enjoy a hobby I presume you’re passionate about because they won’t let you drink onsite afterwards? Sounds like maybe you need to get some help if booze is that important to you.

19. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

on a lighter note, has anyone else noticed the resemblance? Screenshot 2024-04-21 102407.png share_1677860004Deliverance-.jpg

20. swissrcr

swissrcr Active Member

pretty much uncalled for,no?

5axis and ToofPic like this.