1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to call Honda Corporate Today

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Well, I usually don't buy new bikes, but I did end up buying a leftover CRF450RL new leftover 2023 from a dealer in Alabama.

New bike, brought home, first ride:

Handlebar switch gear assembled in incorrect order - start/kill switch is on the inside of break MC. Whatever, easy to fix.

Second ride: realize that the speedometer is acting up erratically. Bad speed sensor, I assumed after examining the wires and connectors.

Bike went to a dealership for warranty repair. How bad can it be, a new speed sensor? Got a call a week later saying that the new one didn't fix the issue and they needed to contact Honda tech line for advice on what to do next.

Now four weeks later, brand new bike is still at the shop, and for the last two weeks I keep hearing that dealer is waiting on Honda tech to give them direction on what to troubleshoot next.

Got annoyed enough and called Honda Corporate to start a case#.

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Should have bought KTM :)

RS250Ape, BigBird, R Acree and 6 others like this.
  3. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

You know what they say about the squeaky wheel. Bikes don't get much more simple than that one so it shouldn't take that long to figure out what to try next, even by the dealership.

Alex_V likes this.
  4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Shit, you know what they wanted for a KTM/Husky 500/501 OTD price? I threw up in my mouth, and I cringed.

jrsamples likes this.
  5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

BigBird and 418 like this.
  6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Speedometers are for cowards. Go faster.

Sabre699 and PatricksDad like this.
  7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I could care less about the speed part, I am slow as it is. Having the odometer working is more of a thing to determine fuel range. I ride solo, far into nowhere Florida.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

BigBird likes this.
  9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

One of the ways my 03 SV650 was clapped out when I bought it was that the speed sensor thing in the front wheel had all the tabs broken off when I bought it.

Another way was that the wire between the sensor and the gauge cluster had an intermittent fault that would occasionally cause it to start acting like a random number generator which impacted both speedo and odometer readings. It jumped up to 185 for a moment (while I was stopped) and I could see the odometer ticking up noticeably faster than any SV before or since.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That is on the set up guy, we had to put the front wheel on them out of the crate and it would be easy to break the tabs if you were a gorilla.

ducnut likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

but but its the bestest dual sport...lol. I love ktm but a yamaha wr really is what you want.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

If Tech Line is taking that long to respond, I'd raise hell. If the bikes are the same as the cars, they should have had a Zone Tech out there right now.

13. Critter

Critter Registered

I know why Techline is taking so long and the reasons would surprise you. I know they are doing all they can right now

14. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Check your states lemon law
    If it's like the one in the other thread, 30 days have passed without use of the bike

BigBird likes this.
  15. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

That’s not bad, Back in 2008 ordered a brand new r6 it never left the dealership was a bad ecu and Yamaha didn’t want to even send the dealer a new one I never bought the bike it sat there for 6 months … Get your money back and get a different one . Where you located !

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Georgia's law:
    • The Lemon Law does not cover all types of vehicles – Motorcycles, mopeds, all-terrain vehicles, boats, trucks with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 12,000 pounds, and vehicles that are not self-propelled (e.g., trailers, campers) are not covered by the Lemon Law.

17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

CRF450RL is a nice addition to KLX300

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I have a good friend that did Honda tech line for a job here locally before they moved that campus. The dealers would call about a dirt bike, then an outboard engine, then a Goldwing electrical issue, then a generator. I consider myself an expert diagnoser guy, but Hell-naw to that crap all day.

cav115 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

that sucks. i imagine when the law was created, there weren't many expensive motorcycles that cost as much or more than cars back then

20. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

So, almost 4 weeks later Honda claims not to have a record of the dealer contracting them, and the dealer claims that they are waiting on Honda.