1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OneX Team Shirt Debacle

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 16, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That was Flex that Attack had problems with- according to the podcast I heard.

I know there are several factories overseas and I know Kaleb's come from a different one than the OneX ones. The difference in materials and workmanship is crazy! Kaleb did all of the tents for Daytona, for CJKnows and everything came out first class. The shirts are vented on the sides which is really nice, too.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wonder how expensive team shirts were for Gary Nixon's team back in 1972.

[​IMG]

Phl218, dtalbott, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  3. YamahaRick

Sigh ... on a slight tangent, I remember when US factory road racing efforts for Daytona were like this (Kawasaki, 1969):

upload_2024-4-16_17-39-18.png

tl1098, rohorn, SpeedyE and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Turn in your man card....now. a phillips screw driver and 10 min and theyll all be straight.

JBall and Sabre699 like this.
  5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Need more than screwdriver to fix that :)

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd have given up on OneX a lot faster than you did.
    Like on the first excuse.
    And, next time, forget the mirror shot and let someone
    else take the picture. You really can't see much of the shirt.

7. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

While we're crapping on OneX, their US folks were at the Barber Festival last October, as a sponsor for AHRMA. I asked whether they could measure me for a custom suit and was told "my son will be here tomorrow with the measuring stuff, sure, no problem." Following day, the son shows up, with no measuring stuff, and he just shrugs at me when I ask about getting measured. I know it isn't a big deal but it persuaded me not to trust them with getting a suit right.

jrsamples, tl1098, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Gee, now I feel bad about pointing it out. That's just the incontrovertible asshole in me. I'll walk into someone's brand new house that they're so proud of, and proceed to point out all the flaws.

Kudos to you though, for having something positive to say about your spouse. Hoping that means we'll never see you in the Divorce Epidemic thread.

27 and Gino230 like this.
  9. Gino230

No. Don’t you think I already tried that?

they are too close to the ceiling, so if I straighten them so they are lined up, when the door opens it hits the ceiling.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And what about that black bureau on the right?
    Some drawers are fully closed and some aren't,
    how about some fucking consistency?
    Not to mention, did you misplace your razor?

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I can’t read Nixon’s name without thinking of the quote “which of you sonsabitches is coming in second?” :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. A place where people cannot see.

13. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

New stuff looks awesome Gino,good luck this weekend.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

so I was begged to paint a race machine that was on tv in 500 million households on a very short notice with a very shitty body… they were a friend and I did it and everyone thought it looked great… I told him that if he told anyone that I painted it that I’d never paint anything for them again… I had to design partial cover in vinyl so that I didn’t have to add weight with filler on most of the seems, no time to make molds and new panels…

I was the only one that noticed and knew the imperfections… I envy the oblivious sometimes:D

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Gino230

Success! OneX emailed me a return label.

FWIW, at least they are doing the right thing. Sorry, pitchfork sharpeners.

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

It's my superpower, and my curse. I can hear and see things that other people just can't. I don't know why. Sometimes I really wish I couldn't. Once I was laid up at home after a surgery. The plant was starting a new job, and couldn't get it to run. I logged into the security cameras, and diagnosed it just by watching it on that low res video. Freaked everyone out, but it was a blessing in that instance. Another day, I'm gassing up my car, and I notice the car next to me has a low tire. So, I get the attention of the 6'5" 250lb steroid head that owns the car, and point out the issue. He says, "They're radials. They're supposed to look like that". What I heard was "hey, I don't know anything about cars". So I explained that although they were in fact radials, which can look low when they aren't, his tire was clearly below 10 psi. He then said, "hey I have an idea....why don't you shut your fucking mouth and mind your own business". In hindsight, that's what he said when he responded the first time, but I didn't hear it correctly.

I should have sued my parents for the genetics.

Gino230, jrsamples and 27 like this.
  17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm kinda curious on this, why bother with the return label? They can't recycle the shirts, you sure as heck don't want them ending up somewhere where they're going to be worn and potentially continuing to look bad for your sponsors so... why not just issue the refund and ask for you to destroy them and save the needless shipping?

Banditracer likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

maybe they’ll hang them in their shop and tell the kids the last ones that made shirts that bad disappeared:D

Superchikn996, Blammo and auminer like this.
  19. YamahaRick

I'm sure somewhere in Africa, there are kids wearing tee shirts that say "Super Bowl 2017 Champions Atlanta Falcons."

They donate the shirts, and get a healthy tax credit for their efforts.

Shane Hucks and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So how’s Gino do?