1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm glad Phil didn't let him off easy when he started trying to dodge some questions. Best interview I've seen of him yet.

I know Gypsy Tales is polarizing, but I really hope Tomac does a podcast with Jase once he hangs it up. There's a lot about Tomac's approach that probably shouldn't have worked, but did.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

They can barely get the starter eye candy out of the way - no way the flagging will be perfect.

3. Critter

Critter Registered

Thanks for the input, but I have seen bad flagging locations too many times, including yellow flags in the wrong place. It seems like at least 3 times per year I watch a race and see a flag tossed out, white, blue, or yellow that I look at and go, WTF is that there. Almost always it is at the top of a jump just after a sharp 180 or on the outside of a turn where the riders need to be looking inside and up track

4. Critter

Critter Registered

LOL God one

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

These 250 riders getting stuck in the mud is pretty funny.

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Set up for a potentially great 450 main, after a decent 250 final.

brex likes this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That 450 main was great.

Senna likes this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Webb just won’t go away. I still think Jett is faster, but Webb finds ways to get results. Four rounds to go. All even.

Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Never thought I’d be pulling for Webb but here we are. I don’t hate Jett but I’m not ready for a young guy to come in and run the table for years. He’ll get his chance but I wanna see the older guys win a few more.

10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

How hard would it be to bulldoze those ruts back to level grade at the starting gate before each moto? Is leaving them 15” deep some kind of weird tradition? It couldn’t take maybe 10 minutes each time.

Once a Wanker.., Senna and skidooboy like this.
  11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Cooper's reliable and consistent performance was pretty darned good. Not much fun to watch race, he doesn't have a particularly noticeable stye, but he just gets the job done. The last few laps were fun to watch as Sexton worked his way up, but didn't quite make it. Great to see Roczen in third. Kind of nice to see to see Anderson best Jett, but that's just me, I like the Anderson type rider better than the Jettson thing. All in all, a real solid night of racing.

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I think like that too... Especially, when the start line isnt in play on the track during the racing, like it was there. They would have 15-20 minutes to clean that up each moto, plus the down time between racing. Ski

13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Watch Ducati introduce some kind of foot peg raising device for starting in deep ruts…

Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.
  14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

More like break away "aero bulldozer plates" on the forks, to fill in the starting line rut, before the rear tire gets there. Ski

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Seems like every post race interview I listen to has a lot of comments about how rough the tracks are this year. I’m sure some of it is the rain this season has had.

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

I'm going to go ahead and pretend last weekend didn't happen. 250 and 450 winners are my least favorite, well except for Friese.

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Deegan I get. Webb is such a babyfaced, Al Capone-looking little shit that really has no business being at the pointy end, but I can't help but root for him.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Vital MXGP podcast rumory rumor this week was that Tomac may be doing a few rounds of MXGP this summer. I guess the Monster Yamaha guys in MXGP aren't doing too hot, and John Tomac did a similar deal to keep things fresh towards the end of his career.

19. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I sure do not get the vibe that Eli is happy with his SX results this year. None of us can know if it's the competitive fire within him, (likely,) or his desire to maximize his goals in regards to his revenue stream, but barring any unexpected injury, I see him still in the game for a good while yet.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Carnage at the start of the 250 Showdown.
    Both points leaders down, Pro Circuit Kawasaki can't be happy.

Senna likes this.