1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lemon Law….anybody go through it?

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jan 11, 2024.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty much any motor vehicle with a warranty. I know people who have filed claims for their ATVs and SxS'.

So update.....

NCDS denied my claim, but both the manufacturer and the arbitrator both admit that the truck is defective. However, because there has only been two repair attempts on the issue they state that Toyota has to be given a final chance to fix the issue. This was a bit frustrating to me since the only reason there was 2 repair attempts is the Toyota gave up and tried to tell me it was a "normal operational characteristic of the vehicle", hence why I opened a claim in the first place.

I have 3 different law firms who have already agreed to take on the case based on the results of the NCDS findings, but I will be having one final conversation with Toyota Corporate today to determine if they really want to try and make this work or not......otherwise it goes out of my hands and I'll let somebody else fight this for me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    fastedyamaha and pjzocc like this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Actually was thinking more along the lines of major appliances

:D

3. NemesisR6

Closing the loop on this.

Toyota is buying the truck back.

Huge hassle that didn't really get any true traction until they got a notice from a lawyer........suddenly they were awfully anxious to get things done. Pretty sure the intent all along is that I would hopefully just get tired of trying to handle things personally with them and give up. Nah.

Anywho, glad this chapter is over. Wife is probably going to switch brands and get a Ridgeline instead. We took a test drive in one and it's just so much more tolerable as a daily driver and does everything we'd need.

fastedyamaha, Gino230, BrentA and 2 others like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This Ridgeline owner agrees. It handles about 90% of the chores that my old full size truck could handle, yet it's a wonderful daily driver. The only real drawback being towing capacity over 5K.

NemesisR6 and BigBird like this.
  5. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Glad it's over.
    I'm also disappointed in the brand based on your experience here.
    I follow the /r/tacoma sub reddit and see a lot of quality issues being posted, unfortunately.

Makes you sick when they charge $50,000+ for a mid-size pick em up truck and this is what you get. Hope they make a turn for the better.

6. NemesisR6

We sold our big toy hauler a couple years ago (and my F150 last year) and now only have my little 7x12 enclosed trailer and my wife's 18' skiff. The Tacoma handled both, so with the 9-speed transmission in the Ridgeline and similar power/torque I'm sure it will provide similar capability with the added benefit of that more plush ride.

rd400racer likes this.