1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A serious question for the assembled cast…

Discussion in 'General' started by pickled egg, Apr 4, 2024.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Like I said, it may not be possible, if she’s that far off the rails. Do you have full custody? If not, maybe it’s time to start moving towards that.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This thread makes me appreciate finding " the one " to be able to stick together for 30 plus years and manage to raise our 2 without all the drama. I don't know how some of you guys do it without ending up in jail.

motion, CBRRRRR999 and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

mini excavators from China are surprisingly affordable

Sabre699, CBRRRRR999 and Banditracer like this.
  4. Banditracer

We've had this discussion before and decided the pigs were the best. :D

Sabre699 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I get it, I was more concerned with someone with great advice letting the cat out of the bag

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Good for you! (Seriously...I mean that)

7. Banditracer

After doing the math I guess this July is 35.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well, I just made my final plan for the journey to see the eclipse.

There’s only one place in the US that will have clear skies.

And I now have “Holiday Road” from National Lampoon’s Vacation in my mind. :crackup:

Edit: holy shit, I just told the youngest little beast we were going to Maine, and she looked at me completely shocked, and started sobbing a little bit because she was unprepared for that news.

I then explained that Maine was the only place that will have clear skies for the eclipse, and she screamed “we’re going to the eclipse?” and started crying even harder and buried her face in my chest.

Is this what you meant by taking them to things they’ll always remember? ;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  9. pickled egg

Thank you for this.

Tried the gift thing. Got the cops called on me.

Tried the gray rock. Worked great.

Until she realized that weaponizing the kids gave her her fix of fucking with me.

I learned right off the bat to not have ANY conversations with her that weren’t in writing. Even with the conversation in writing, she still “creatively interprets” words to twist them into meaningless squiggles.

All my focus is on the girls. Their welfare. Their health. Their best interests. Their development.

tony 340 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  10. pickled egg

Unless she’s selling them into slavery or using them as drug mules, the state of Minneshitholia won’t do a fucking thing to protect them.

And probably not even for those reasons.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

If I ended up in jail, no one would be there to protect my children

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I hope I don’t change my mind by tomorrow but now you’ve inspired me to open up a bit about these very issues and the absolute bottom of humanity that I’ve found. Things are finally turning around and I will prevail but I will never be the same… my kids will never be who they were and I hope they forgive me for failing them by ever trusting anyone… more tomorrow I hope…

Thanks brother I appreciate you.

pickled egg likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well, shit. Maybe next time.

Seriously, though, skies here are going to suck. This is too big a deal for an eclipse newb to miss like that.

pickled egg likes this.
  14. pickled egg

For sure. :beer:

This is the destination. I’d prefer 70 degrees…

Attached Files:

vfrket likes this.
  15. auminer

Truth be told, I'm not terribly disappointed that SWSNBN has no reason to be up in my business! :D

pickled egg likes this.
  16. pickled egg

If my own journey has anything to offer, be sure you forgive yourself. REALLY forgive yourself.

My precious genetic castoffs have been subjected to an endless assault of cliches as I’ve developed my parenting skills. One of, if not the first pearl of wisdom I gave them was this:

Each and every day, every person on the planet has one thing in common: between the time their feet hit the floor in the morning and their feet come off the floor at night, each and every one of us will do one thing: fuck something up. The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is in how they deal with their fuckups. Do they own them, atone for them, learn from them, try not to repeat them? Or do they deflect blame, hide the fuckup, or dig in and compound the fuckup by denying that it was a fuckup?

We all fuck up. We all should learn from our fuck ups. You don’t expect your kids to be infallible, don’t set an expectation for yourself that you can’t meet.

My legacy will be the echoes of my voice in these kids’ heads unleashing a ceaseless torrent of advice from my own travels through bad decisions, questionable motivations, undeveloped trauma coping skills, and all the rest of the fuckery that has been my life.

And fortunately, not one involving concussions and hallucinogenic use to regain the skills to tie my shoes. ;)

27 likes this.
  17. pickled egg

No shit, huh?

“Sorry kids, we can’t accept the kind offers of accommodations and fellowship to further our travels, since nobody wants your mother to have every detail of their lives.”

I’m still wondering how that “decision” by the corrupt PC can possibly be justified as “in the children’s interests”…

18. pickled egg

By the way, this entire thread is just one big karma farming expedition. None of it is true. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

19. auminer

Right!?

You can't stay with us, I'm a convicted felon, my wife is an Axe murderer, and, worst of all, we mix our bourbon with strawberry Fanta! :eek:

pickled egg likes this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Bourbon and fanta? No fanta goes with vodka u freaking barbarians

pickled egg and auminer like this.