1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is going to screw up traffic

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Mar 26, 2024.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, I prefer the more solid versions like this one in the Grand Canyon. It moves a little bit, but not enough to be sketchy at all.

CBRRRRR999, BrentA and 27 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fuck no and now I'm going to have to add your conspiracy idiocy to the banned dungeon subjects because good lord man you cannot use common sense or logic with anything.

R1Racer99, stk0308, tony 340 and 6 others like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, man, that was the best entertainment we got this month. Or last month, whatever.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah okay, political enough bullshit its break time...

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It's hard to fathom how big those pieces of bridge are and how stuck they are in the mud and knoted together. Picking up an anchor is hard enough. Now make it 1000 anchors with the chains tied in knots and welded together. They have to cut it. When a bridge is purposely demolished they have the divers and cutting plan already approved and ready to go. They have to survey the wreckage on this to even begin to understand where to cut.

cav115 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fine, I'll leave him...for now. But havingt to read through that amount of stupid is why the dungeon is off.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I only read the first 2-4 lines of each post. What's the point of having experience if you don't use it?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still feel obligated to read it all and make sure theres nothing to nuke the poster over. And I'm not all that smart obviously, been doing this site for what, 25 years?

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  9. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

CBS News on YT showed a crew cutting one of the beams. Massive. I gather a lot of analysis goes into just deciding where it's safe to cut.

Jed likes this.
  10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I can barely imagine figuring out where to cut. OK, so if we unload this piece by cutting that off, then that is going to add stress to that piece on this vector, but that piece over there should help hold it in place until we cut this other piece and add stress on this other vector on that piece, but we can compensate for that by taking the load off that with the crane. Sounds like a total nightmare to me.

cav115 and thrak410 like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, he's a lot of things but forum-rules-breaker isn't typically one of them. He's not one of the regulars who think they're all slick and shit every time they don't get booted for their way-less-subtle-than-they-think bs. :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Speaking of bridges. The new backyard build to me.

100% supported from land. Moochagain to Canaduh, Gordie Howe international Bridge. She's a bit behind, but expecting 2026 for vehicles to cross.

Also, if you're a sports buff the Gordie Howe foundation has a good auction this week.

The stiff dicked warriors that drove those full size Manitowoc Crain's to the end of the roadway have some pretty large balls.

You can see the towers from my dock. Way way up there.

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I got idea. Bring dungeon back and set your profile so you can't access it :)

A. Barrister, auminer and Banditracer like this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I crossed it a bunch when I was a young kid. My grandparents had a house in Stone Harbor and we went there a lot in the summer. Speaking of sketchy bridges, just south of NJMP, there used to be a wooden bridge that we crossed back then and the boards were loose and banged around when you drove over it. Guess if that one didn't bother me, not many will.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Y’all talking about riding over bridges on a bike…….the bridge that started this thread is what I crossed daily for years on my Thruxton or FZRs :D One morning on the way in, a mustang was teeter tottering on the jersey wall heading upwards. I passed thinking”what a lucky fucker that dude is!”:eek:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Effing slow way to do it. A few pounds of C4 and a platoon of engineers...those cuts would be done in minutes....and mostly in the correct places....:D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The media just cracks me up sometimes. I believe all the steel at the bottom of the river answers the second question. :crackup:

18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Have you guy seen what shaped charges can do to steel beams? Sheeeeet. Cuts like butter.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. The boss tolerates this place because she trusts me to read it all :(