1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's our resident Arai guy?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Apr 1, 2024.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have a VX-Pro4 that I'm hoping to get a thicker liner pad for. Just the top though. Everything else fits great, but it rides a little low and pushes down on my ears and more importantly, it pushes my goggles down on my nose just a bit too far.

I can't image I'd need to much, maybe 1/4"-3/8" thicker. If all else fails I'll just get a piece from a fabric shop and put it in there, but I'd rather buy the right piece if it's available.

Thanks

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

First take out the upper liner and check what size it is
    Then buy the larger liner, or if you have some sheet 5mm thick foam create your own additional padding and tuck inside the current liner

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Scott Enlow, with Arai Americas. I met him working out of the the Revzilla tent at Daytona. He had a ton of new model Arai helmets on hand to try on. Super helpful and extremely knowledgeable regarding all of the sizing options available. The new helmets have built-in options to make small sizing adjustments without replacing parts.

I'll be buying a new XD5, when it's available, and really liked the fit of the Contour X that is already in stock at Wooly's Cycles, in Marietta.

Scott also made reference to something about Revzilla and Arai having some sort of 30 day return policy arrangement, but I neglected to ask for the details and full information regarding this.
    I'll share whenever I investigate this further.

[email protected]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  4. Once a Wanker..

Scott just replied to me regarding my post. He's currently traveling and suggested you email [email protected] for a more prompt reply for your inquiry, @eggfooyoung

5. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

im sure you will get the right info, but some helmets m-L share the same shell and the med inners is what you would want as it would be thicker to be a "med" vs large. if that makes any sense. I went to large cheek pads as the med were to much pressure and that freed up space.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

ducnut and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Service Pavilion rocks!

9. Once a Wanker..

Robert and Brianna have been fantastic keeping my family outfitted with various helmet styles, and refitting helmets over the past ten years! I even called to see if Robert was going to be at Daytona this year. I've bought at least a half a dozen helmets from them, along with many accessory items, over the years. Unfortunately, Robert has decided to not drive down to work at Daytona the past three years, or so. I understand completely with him getting stuck between a bunch of Harley accessory focused big tents and trucks.

Fortunately, I saw the many Arai helmets displayed in the corner of the RevZilla tent, and Scott came over to talk with us.

It is nice to talk face to face with helmet in hand, and tried on in person though. Helmet fits are best when time is spent with someone who knows the helmets and how to fit them well.

I've owned many different helmet bags in my lifetime. Nothing beats the Arai helmet bag I bought from Brianna a couple years ago!

ducnut likes this.
  10. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I agree on getting fitted and buying face to face. Fortunately they are relatively close to me, and are mom n pop, so they are the only place I’ll buy from. But I know that’s not practical for everyone.