1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull needs your 20 year old pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by KrashBandit, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

No good early pics from that era that don't have my random crap rearstands in them. Still using the old school Pit Bull front clamp lift stand though, prefer it to the new stuff even though it's more effort and I have to explain to everyone HOW to use it. Stupid stable and solid.

Wait! 2012: fzr2012-a.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    Sabre699 and ToofPic like this.
  2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

My earliest pic of a pit-bull stand is from my first track day. July 5th 2008. This taken just before I went out and crashed after lunch.
    DSCF0628.JPG

BrentA and gapman789 like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let me help y'all out: if you have digital photos, do some math on the years. There's a good chance they are not 20+ years old. :D

G Dawg likes this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That's funny!! I got one that came with my r6.I Still dont know how to use it.I just walk by and look at it,and sometimes use it to prop the door open.

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I have digital pics going back to 2000 - 24 years. Time flies.

TurboBlew and HPPT like this.
  6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

early 2000's with the RC51.org group at Jennings. Jennings Duc.jpg

Mike Fennell, Sabre699 and Seiko like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm no detective, but it looks like there might be a stand missing from that pic.

G2G, alan and ToofPic like this.
  8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

2005 but you can tell the stands are alot older than that 04 GSXR 750.jpg

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

another. I was a GSXR hoarder back then 05 GSXR 600.jpg

Sabre699 and Senna like this.
  10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

GSXR.jpg

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Was it Charlie that walked around the GNF paddock checking and replacing the grips on stands because the original adhesive wasn't lasting? I knew then these guys were serious about customer satisfaction!

YamahaRick and ToofPic like this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Yes it was.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wish I could find the video clip where Charlie shows some drawings of a component he designed for the Space Shuttle. Yes, THE Space Shuttle!

14. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

If you search "7 holes in the space station" on YouTube there's a video about the last project Charlie V did before quitting Boeing to run Pit Bull full-time.

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. KrashBandit

16. KrashBandit

Thanks for the pics so far folks. These will help make the video much better than if I just used in-house photos.

17. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

I have nothing to add other than i just got ANOTHER package from you guys yesterday... i think i'm up to like 8 stands, front and rear, 3 TRS systems, a couple front wheel chocks, 6 sets of TRS pins and various trailer mounted hanging devices. great stuff! i think my oldest stand is roughly 15 years old... all of it still looking nearly new and 100% functional.

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. KrashBandit

We appreciate your continued support! When I took the job at Pit Bull 23+ years ago, I figured it was temporary because I could tell those stands were never going to wear out - How long could we possibly stay in business? LMAO

grapemustard likes this.
  19. KrashBandit

Long Beach 2008. Borrowed some bikes from friends, ZX7RR and RC45. Repsol was next to us so I took the opportunity to make the photo look better.

2008 George and Rio.jpg

My son(now in college) was always obsessed with sitting on the bikes when he came to Pit Bull. Had lots of pics of him sitting on Charlie's old Hawk race bike. Damn - time has flown by.

Jacob2006.jpeg

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

TWS SV.jpeg TWS I believe 99 or 2000

Razr and Sabre699 like this.