1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The data on Silencer Shop's NFA Wait Times page shows, arguably, the most accurate wait time data out there. The trust wait times are coming down too, I think I saw those at 190+ a few weeks ago. I'll keep on with the trust though, given that you'll have to buy another stamp to transfer anything owned by an individual into a trust. Worth the wait, until fuel costs $12/gallon, that is.

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

“few % of each other”
    Not sure if your staccato price is way high or the others is way low.
    Very happy with my staccato and have no personal experience with the others.
    Please share what you end up with

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  3. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I guess I’ll order a few now. I have a feeling now that I’ve opened Pandora’s box I’m going to end up with a collection of dedicated suppressors.

If this goes where I’m sure it will I will wait and roll what I have and the new cans into a trust. I can’t wait until the wife hears my new excuse “I have a suppressor without a gun…I NEED this SBR in 300 blackout!!! It’s for my hearing!”

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The staccato P is cheaper than those others by $500 at least. Thats not just a few percent difference.

I’d ask what are you looking for in a 2011 style gun? Competition? Home defense? Duty? or all of those?

If you want it for them all. Go Staccato P. For competition Staccato XC is a more comparable choice to the guns you mentioned above and its $4300

My good buddy while growing up back in ND just bought an XC in Bismarck at Scheels today. I pickup my CS this weekend.

5. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I'll use it for range and competition.

Staccato P with Slide Cuts, DLC barrel, optics ready 2 extra mags $2,975.
    MPA DS9 Hybrid with 2 extra mags $3,250

Good luck with your CS.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

Thanks.

That's exactly my setup on my Staccato P, but I paid about $150 less. Then, I added a Delta Point Pro and an Infinity flat face trigger.
    Like Ron said...don't know anything about the other guns you listed, but I can say I love my P and my XC. If you were closer to MD, I'd be happy to
    let you try the P, C2, XC and CS so you can try to pick a favorite. I sure cannot.

I'd get on youtube and watch a ton of reviews and maybe see if you can scour the 'net (besides here) for other opinions on your choices..like the brand's customer service reputation and warranty response history, if you can find anything...that may help you make your choices, too.

7. StaccatoFan

If you keep your eyes on this site, https://staccato2011.com/shop/cosmetic-blems, there's chance you can catch a blemished model at a bit of a savings.
    I got a blemished C2, @RonR and I both went over it to find the blemish...hell I have cleaned it numerous time and inspected it repeatedly and I'll be damned if
    I can find anything wrong with the gun's finish. That's the Staccato I have the most rounds through now, too.

8. S Tsotsoros

Thanks for the lead.

I'm in Delaware. Where in MD are you?

I'm renting a Staccato this weekend to run some rounds through it and will hold and manipulate the Alchemy and Masterpiece Arms. We'll see where this leads me.

9. Resident Plarp

It’ll lead you to filling out a 4473, followed by reaching for your wallet, then a great satisfaction in knowing you’ve got unquestionable quality in your hands.

britx303 and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. StaccatoFan

Im just north of Annapolis.
    My son and I go to the range off 50
    delMarVa skeet and Sporting clays

now and again throughout the year. They have rifle and pistol ranges. Rifle goes out to 500 yards.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Delmarva isn’t 1K yards? We never made it but had planned on going.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I Sir, know I shall be the exception to the rule and will be an unlucky 9 monther+ for an individual……..and I’ll gladly post up if I’m wrong :D

13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

My dealer just got set up to sell cans. Now the question is which one do I get first? Someone give me a quick run down of what I need to know when looking at one? Im not sure how they lock on do I need to know what style barrels I have? Shit I dont even know what I have anymore. I found a gun I forgot I bought last time I was in the safe.:crackup:

14. Resident Plarp

If you’ve ever been dealt a delay, then yes, you can expect to wait almost forever, apparently. If that’s the case and you’re doing the NFA thing, it would be time to get a UPIN.

15. StaccatoFan

No sadly. 500 is the longest shot there. But it’s like $35 for each shooter for as long as you want to stay.

I’m going to have to find a longer range where we can go though. Alex hardly misses at 500 anymore.

britx303 likes this.
  16. Resident Plarp

What caliber will you be shooting? Will you use it on more than one gun? Are you after sound or lightness? Shooting volume?

It all comes down to your needs befor that question can be answered easily. Otherwise, avoid Silencerco unless you like recalls.

17. StaccatoFan

Set up your account at silencershop and do your paperwork and photo. You can enter your fingerprints at a kiosk if one is near you. Then buy your can and stamp there and designate your FFL. It will be shipped there. When you get approval you go get it.

There are reviews on that site and all kinds of other information to walk you through the process. I’m close to buying my first suppressor too.

My account is all done.

Oh and your thread pitch on your guns threaded barrel will determine how the can attaches to your guns barrel.

18. assjuice cyrus

it would be nice to use it on more then one gun right now. I would like it to go on an AR platform, I have different cals in the that platform, .556, 9mm, 300blk , 7.62,.22 So I would say it makes sense to find the one that will fit most of those?

Shooting volume isn't a lot just don't have the time or place to do it as much as I like.

19. assjuice cyrus

I have the direct link from my guy he sent me his stuff, So I just have to pick out which one I want and it goes right to him. paper work is digital Just have to go get finger prints I believe

20. S Tsotsoros

I literally laughed out loud at your post.