1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fines all go to RRW action fund - so safety...

2blueYam likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Changing behaviors should take precedence over buying Airfence, IMO. And you know I don't hate Airfence. If that keeps happening, it makes it look like the fine is not a deterrent but just money collection, regardless of what it buys.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Excellent!!!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the fines are because they're not coming in at a seriously high rate of speed but are coming in over the limit. It's not as huge a problem as he wants it to be over all those classes and so on. If it were they'd change the penalty - I do also think that the penalty ramps up if you don't learn but haven't looked into the specifics of speeding on pit lane.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yes, we do the same thing with fines for some stuff and stiffer penalties depending on the infraction or number of times for the same infraction and so on.

6. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I think the Pit Lane speed of 37mph at Daytona is way too slow. They do the race start on pit lane. 60 mph seem much more reasonable.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Seems slow but MotoGP and WSBK both use 60 kmh limit...assuming they do same because it's a standard set by FIM.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

$150 fine per incident. If you get dinged enough times you get a visit from the stewards with threats of further sanctions. Don't ask me how I know. :)

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

STOP. Do not let facts stand in the way of OUTRAGE!!!

10. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Do you get to count it as a charity donation?

Knarf Legna likes this.
  11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Electronics are useful but not foolproof. First, the limiter must be engaged by the rider with a button. Once engaged it can be manually disengaged with the same button, or by shifting above a predetermined gear. So for example if the pit limiter is engaged in 1st gear it will be automatically disengaged by shifting into 2nd. So discipline by the rider is required which may at times be in short supply depending on circumstances. Specifying a higher disengagement gear can cause problems by loading fuel and fouling plugs and impacting performance depending on the fuel/ignition cut parameters. It can be a delicate balance. Sometimes you will see that a bike is difficult to restart on pit lane after using the limiter as a result.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

My pit lane limiter.

Attached Files:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.