1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 2 | Portugal | Portimao | March 22-24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wait, you're predicting a MM blowout at COTA?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

yessir. Heck the bad Honda won last year

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

And the Beast won the year before that. Marquez has 1 win in the last 4 years there.

4. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

It was Rins on the Honda last year, right? OK, don't answer that LOL

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

he was like broken the other 3

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I caught that but don’t speak Spanish so wasn’t sure what they were saying. But they watched the clip of MM/Pecco and had some thoughts, and also Mav’s crash.

If anyone could translate what they said, I’d be curious.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

He’s still broken. Acosta is about to finish him off mortal kombat style.

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

9. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

LOL

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If by blowout you mean launching a Ducati into the parking lot, then yes.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you trying to make shit up because this is an English-speaking board? :crackup:

Quite a few racers seem to disagree with you and said that Bagnaia was too aggressive, including A. Espargaro, Mir, Lorenzo...

BigBird, cbush, Bugslayer and 2 others like this.
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing this inference in various places. When is it "worth it" to go for the clear gap? Only for the lead? Only for the podium? With the way points have played out lately, being 4th on one day, instead of 5th, could gain you a place in the overall championship.

Wheel Bearing, Phl218 and pickled egg like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

slo-mo shows PB held a tight line and the front started washing out after MM had leaned onto him.

gapman789 and VR45 Troll like this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

exactly, it's not like they're doing it for a wooden plaque and the ability to roll their bikes into the trailer Sunday, to be back at their day job Monday

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  15. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

My Overlord fan boi's are huffing paint again

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's what I saw based on the replay.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The play button is broken....

18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Dunno. Cant decipher in slow mow. Watch it in real time as thats what these pros are seeing. Im not a fan of either one. So totally unbiased. Marc disappeared. Went wide. Pecco didnt see him. Both fighting for the same spot as Marc is an animal. Pecco could not assume he would be back. Neither gave an inch. I really am having a hard time putting blame on either one. In heat of moment.. Shit.. They are fighters. Neither one gonna give an inch as expected. But bosses will be watching from now on.

Like I posted earlier, its all fun and games in Ducati till MM93 starts playing ping pong with the rider #1.

Gino230 likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Cool, I just wanted to quote you :)

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'd like to put it down as 2 bikes going for the same spot of tarmac, but the fact is that Pecco is on the other side of the bike, looking in the opposite direction from MM. So, he can't see MM and has no idea where he is. On the other hand, MM is fully aware of where Pecco is. So, there's a collision with only 1 rider who is aware of where both bikes are at the moment. Pretty damning to me.

Wheel Bearing and 27 like this.