1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 ktm rc 8c 10 hours left

Discussion in 'General' started by AJ, Mar 19, 2024.

1. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

This! Anyone who has ridden one says the same thing.

40k is too high for me but that's what a built race bike costs mostly doesn't it ?

And this one is set from the factory.

2. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Check out this sketchy track

4. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

awesome vid!

5. Ray Van

Ray Van Well-Known Member

How hard is it to take an 890 Duke and add clipons and fairings?

That'd be close enough for me.

418 and BrentA like this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I don't think getting the wings would be a cheap option, nor the software. I'd rock it if I had the cashola and I'd paint it up in the red bull scheme that the OG RC8 came in.

7. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Shit, I'm poor and I'd scrounge up $22K for one... unfortunately we live in an era of $80K trucks and $20K ADV bikes. The better Kramer 690 is $25K now. For $17K you get one brake rotor and no fucking QS. My wheels started turning a couple days ago when I saw a new '23 1290 SAS listed at like 5-6K off until I realized for $16K the damn thing didn't come with any luggage!

9. Ray Van

I don't want no stinking wings. Plus, I think I'll be fine with minimal electronics.

Just want an Uber light middle weight bike.

10. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

"But that's not all: the RSV4 XTrenta is the first bike in the world to mount the 'under wing' on the swingarm, the lower wing that equips the RS-GP bikes from 2019 and is commonly called the 'spoon' in MotoGP. The results of the new configuration speak for themselves: aerodynamic load increases by 25%, while reducing drag by 4%."

"Each of the 100 units of the Aprilia RSV4 XTrenta, offered at a price of €50,000 excluding VAT, will be bookable exclusively online from 6 September 2022"

https://www.aprilia.com/en_EN/aprilia-world/news-aprilia/aprilia-rsv4-xtrenta/#:~:text=Each of the 100 units,.aprilia.com web area.

pssshhht!

"The 2022 KTM RC 8C will be available for pre-order starting on July 22 2021"

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/ktm-reveals-limited-production-rc-8c.html#

Attached Files:

Lawdog78 likes this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

All this talk about electronics, as long as it has QS / Autoblip, how much do you really need? The RS660 race bikes we have everything (TC/WC) turned off and stay on the same engine maps all the time. It's quite hard to spin the tire with 100HP and a good rear slick.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with up/down QS (hell, I've never had both), but the average dentist trackday rider wants all the fancy shit and probably needs it to cover up their lack of talent. No offense to #88...

Another reason to buy the Kramer versions- they don't have all that crap do they?

13. grapemustard

agree. i actually like that my 2022 doesn't have the traction control of the newer versions.

14. Ray Van

I'd like TC for a rain day, but I'm a fair weather rider now.

15. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

"Off the shelf" race bike prices I see. Sorta interesting.

$13k - Yamaha R6 Race
    $14k - NSR250R
    $17k - Kramer 690S
    $35k - Kramer 890R

418 likes this.
  16. grapemustard

are you talking someone’s garage built r6 for $13k?

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Seems low huh? - maybe thats the track only model then to spec it out you add another $20k?

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

No. That is Yamaha offering the R6 in track only form. I didn't find any good specifics on changes from stock other than no street legal stuff. Is the aluminum tank normal?
    The GYTR version is around $25k maybe. Couldn't find a solid price.

418 likes this.
  19. grapemustard

link?

20. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member