1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flag etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Mar 16, 2024.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It corrects your post and makes you aware of a code that documents fact and military custom and courtesy on military uniform dress and appearance. Now you're no longer confused.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was never confused and stated what the military does. You post has done nothing to correct or clarify that...

I mean, congrats for being able to look up the specific new code for the Army but there really was no point other than making yourself look foolish "correcting" something that was correct :crackup:

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's not a "new" code...it's been in place 20 years. You're old.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The simplest answer I've heard is the flag is always charging forward as if it's born on a spear so the stars always lead.

Shenanigans and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Maybe there is a Texas Emergency...thats why its upside down.

Noo excuse for it being flown with Old Glory though...well no excuse except 'Texas!!! F&(k Yeah!!!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I am. And it's still new compared to the flag code.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

20 years IS new and having your flag patch like that is ghey as f)(*k. I dont care what 670-1 says.

The flag is always supposed to be flown with the stars on the left. Backwards ass kids.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I disagree, on anything that moves - including humans - stars forward.

cpettit, Steeltoe and ToofPic like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Y'all have issues.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, I'm watching Roebling live timing and editing the rulebook as well as working on some VMD stuff so getting sidetracked is nice :D

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shut it Frenchie!

White flags are omnidirectional :Poke:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check out MC Hammer.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy shit, dude may have better moves than Hammer did!

14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

:crackup: I actually goggled it thinking,Isnt Peeve misspelled? Lern something new every year I guess.I knew flags had some sort of pointy direction.Now I gotta wait til the dryer stops to see if my "Falling Down" T-shirt has the flag on the sleeve pointing in the right direction?o_O

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

If you all are that bothered by the direction of the flag you must really hate all those flags desecrated by pictures, messages, different colors, etc. For some reason the code doesn’t apply to these people.

Chino52405 and cpettit like this.
  16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Why is it backwards? Supposed to be on the left post the way it is?

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I find it depends which way the wind is blowing as to how I view my flag.

It's also 53 year old news that your Flag decal won't get you in to heaven anymore.

stk0308 likes this.
  18. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Well, Texas IS under attack from the south. No matter what the resident might say. So yeah, flying upside down is warranted.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Very much so.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

My USA flag pet peeve is athletes wrapping a big flag around themselves after winning an event. You’re are an athlete and I appreciate that you worked very hard and sacrificed much in order to win, but draping the flag around yourself is an affront to others who have sacrificed far more. Wave the flag all you want, but cut out the other crap.