1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Gen Audi Q5 - School Me

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

German engineering. Let’s make weaker piston rings to lower parasitic engine drag to increase fuel mileage, oh it’s perfectly fine to burn a quart of oil every 800km!! Wtf!?

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Lots of that oil plugging up the intake and valves on the tsi/tfsi too.

walnut blast is common at 60-100k

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Appreciate the responses on this. The one I had my eyes on originally sold the day before I called the dealer to tell them I'll take it. I had to go on the hunt. I was looking for a CPO 23 or 24 in White with Prestige trim, black optics, and the brown interior. There were only 2 available in the country - 1 in Nevada and 1 in Utah. And then one popped up in the DC area. Just picked it up Friday and I'm digging it.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DC area? Which dealership?

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Oh shit son...you done effed up now...DaveK gonna be outside waiting for you like....Buying up an Audi like from one of 'his' dealerships'...better get your affairs in order. :D

[​IMG]

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Funny, when I bought mine it was end of model year and there was essentially no new 2019s and the 20s were still on the boat or some shit. I wanted a white prestige with black interior and black trim. All they had was one super loaded one that was some weird color and a few used ones and in the computer was 3 or 4 white ones.
    Short version they “borrowed” my car from a NC dealership (got it because it was sold and the other dealership was putting it on the lot). Wasn’t exactly what I wanted but I can live with the “wood” trim and I’m actually happy I got the model up.
    The ghey 5 ring lights when you open the door at night is actually pretty cool. :D

7. worthless

Audi Bethesda.

8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Man I love me some German cars but no way I'd own one out of warranty. I've had a few over the years and they all needed super expensive work under warranty. Our A4 was going to need a full motor rebuild with like 65k on it but we traded it in before we got it done. Lexus only for me from now on. They aren't quite as cutting edge but you just don't have to worry about them.

borislav likes this.
  9. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Let me guess, 2.0 turbo between 2006 and 2015?

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Nailed it! I think it was a 2010.

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

2017 q5 update. Gf has had it for a month now. Loves it

we took it on a 7 hour road trip recently and that fucker got awesome gas mileage. 7l/100km/h average. I dunno I think that’s like 35 mpg?
    You can tell it lacks grunt though. The 2l rated at like 240hp struggled to get it to move for an overtake but otherwise it’s a nice car. It’s crazy to think it’s the same engine as my golf R in just how different the cars feel and respond.

12. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 Q5 Premium Plus with the 2.0 and it has been a great vehicle. I bought it with 30k miles from an auction friend and it has 70k now and has been bulletproof. It has been our daily on the east coast and we use for everything, Home Depot lumber runs, road trips as well as lapping at Nelson Ledges. (high 24!!) So far, no real issues other than what was self inflicted. Kinda wish I got the B9 (more power, car play, updated electronics) but for what I paid for this, super happy.

Ken

worthless and Phl218 like this.
  13. worthless

What's a B9? Just trying to figure out all the numbers in the models/engines. I got the 45 which I think is the step up from the 40 but a step below the 55 which I think is in the SQ5?

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Current generation, 2016+

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I have a 2019 SQ5 and only complaint is I don't drive it enough. Mostly because Im too lazy to move the minivan so I just drive it instead.

worthless likes this.
  16. worthless

After nearly 2 months, I'm really digging this car. Only 2 annoyances that I have with it 1) I typically listen to Sirius XM and when I start it, it defaults the audio to the Apple Car Play. I then have to hit a button to switch it back; 2) There is no physical button for the home link garage door opener. It's all part of the touch screen. As I'm approaching/leaving the house, a prompt comes up to open/close. I tap the button and it opens the door. The annoyance is that it only stays on for a few seconds. I have to hit a button to get the prompt to come back up and then hit it again to open/close.
    Gas mileage is crazy. I've been getting 30+ on the highway.
    upload_2024-4-23_10-52-8.png

upload_2024-4-23_10-55-17.png

ChemGuy likes this.