1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 SV650 TUNING INFO

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Superchikn996, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Superchikn996

Superchikn996 Well-Known Member

Hello!
    Trying to clear up some confusion, and figured this was the best possible source for SV650 info & knowledge.
    I see so much conflicting info in various forums in regards to sv tuning and even amongst some tuners.
    I've seen lots of opinions and *my tuner/buddy says" but curious what racers have actually seen on the dyno. (local dyno tuner is down for another 6wks he said, so I can't verify things myself)
    First which intake set up builds the best power on a stock bore cam swapped and ported high comp sec gen SV650?
    I currently have a stock bottom box with sfv trumpets, kn filter and cut off lid.
    I read one post once that a Racer had seen 3-4 bhp more by running 4" kn pods and no airbox vs my set up.
    Others say the pressure tuning is better with the stock box and lid, no snorkel.
    Or no lid, no filter bottom box and vstacks only?
    Second is the stv valve.
    I have bored tb, no stv.
    Is it true it will cause the ecm to throw the timing way retarded and cost power?.
    Do I need somethkng to trick it, or just ignore the fi light and ride on?
    Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Ask Zoran, Cop, or Russell

Or they may just tell you to ride faster :D

Superchikn996 likes this.
  3. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

+1 on asking Zoran. Also hate when people ask legit questions and the response is "just ride faster" lets just all pretend we aren't a bunch of autistic d*cks and answer the question hahaha wish you luck

4. Superchikn996

Superchikn996 Well-Known Member

Ha yeah knew that was coming,way old enough to know riding better is def biggest part of it! Doing every track day I can.
    I would like to work my way up to eventually do some lwt/vintage racing.
    MrZorans done some work for me on it already, and answered questions. Just don't want bother a guru too much. Good machinest are hard to find!
    Good or bad I've become enthralled with this little bike.
    Just want to improve what I can of it, but don't want go wrong direction.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

ditch the Gladius trumpets and use the stock 2nd gen trumpets.

pod filters suck

you need the STV simulator because you're stuck in a shitty ignition map with the FI light on.