1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Lambda was very stable, you would have been ok knowing Matt's tunes, he rarely lives on the ragged edge with aggressive maps unless you ask him to. It's an improvement.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Other than Attack, I don't know of any. I saw a ZX-6 that let go. FWIW there's a GYTR head that's coming up for approval that they should be able to run, some might have it. I've learned to wait until Richard addresses which part failed before saying it popped because it was too high strung.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Hope all the teams got the kink outs for the full season. Struck by the lack of season long entries in the top 10 of SuperSport, its what 3 people (Scott, Mesa, Hobbs)?

4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Doesn't Rombolinksi always blame the fuel ? :beer:

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I mean considering the shit show that the VP spec fuel is, they're kinda make it easy for him...

Once a Wanker.. and 88/532 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the two cylinders are larger than the 4 - how does the twin use less fuel?

I get there is a difference but the reality of this past Saturday showed any of the bikes can do an easy 2 stop strategy. Escalante had a first stop issue and stopped too early for the second one - not sure why but that caused the fuel shortage (along with absolutely flying) not the number of cylinders as his teammates had no such issue.

Once a Wanker.. and Yama-saurus like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

48's and 49's at Daytona is NOT the real world :crackup:

Once a Wanker.. and Yama-saurus like this.
  8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What the D200 is not a real race.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where did I say that? I said it isn't the real world and it isn't...

The real race is debatable depending on your POV - it sure as hell isn't like any other race.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. gixxerboy55

Well any way,everyone knows 4-cylinder bikes consume more gas than twins,real race or not.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you're the only one who truly knows that....

12. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yep, Escalante was too worried about his competitor winning and not running his own race on the bike he was running.

It's my opinion that tank capacity shouldn't be strictly enforced above 18 liters. Needs to be a margin of error allowed.

My argument...How did .2 or .3 of a liter give that rider/team an advantage?

13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yea, let's give them 18.3, then with the margin of error they can have 18.6 :P

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'm not taking your bait, @gixxerboy55
    Displacement of an engine determines the airflow volume in cubic centimeters. More air requires more fuel to provide the ideal air to fuel mixture to make power. The Rahal team planned on a 3 stop strategy to be safe. Warhorse had done more testing, and figured it out to make it work for JH4. They went through the same tech inspection as everyone else did.

Yes @Used2befast, the racing might be better if the rules had more 'grey areas,' and 'margin of errors.'

15. gixxerboy55

Man that really cuts deep.

16. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

RRW published Fongs tank was over the 19 liter limit.

For safety, I think there should be no team that runs out of gas. If that were to happen in the draft at full toyota you can imagine the carnage. If a team crosses the 57 lap finish under power they must be under power when they arrive at their pit post race or winners circle.

In our modern era, why can't they program a dash with a low fuel indicator?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Boom likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

Seeing Patricia running across the paddock waving her arms after Corey West won the superhoolingan race was the best thing ever. :crackup:

SundaySocial and TurboBlew like this.
  18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

JH2???

AC1108 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Yeah, since when did the good Josh get a Duc ride?

AC1108 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

TurboBlew and backbone like this.