1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica Live+ incompetence

Discussion in 'General' started by moto316, Feb 22, 2024.

1. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

After the initial billing and login snafu, everything was fine. Updated my Ap on Roku and logged right in. Had some sound issues during the pitlane stuff, but no issues at all during the race and podium celebration.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

+ 1

Same exact experience for me.

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Except for the crappy resolution using Silk, it worked fine.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Streamed through the web browser on my Xbox and the 200 actually streamed fine. Big relief after yesterday and especially this morning when it cut out a couple times. I posted rather pissed pissed in the other thread lol

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I am so sick of MotoAmericas shitty fucking product. I have to wade through 7+ hours of video to try and find the 200 to watch. I really wish I would have cancelled my subscription for the year.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Dude there is literally a button for just the 200 race.....

[​IMG]

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

It's actually easier to find races than it was last year.
    But here is the link:
    Daytona 200 at Daytona 2024 | MotoAmerica (motoamericaliveplus.com)

8. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica Live has definitely improved.
    There's always small issues with tech.
    Able to find and watch all the races on demand wit no issues.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was? Interesting. I remember needing to have satellite to get it and it cost more to add to my basic package than the app does by a large margin.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't really work when it'll be on youtube later this week just like it'd be on Speedvision the week after the races too.

11. redtailracing

Ok, my memory may be a bit fuzzy as I was just a kid in the heyday of speedvision. And no idea what my parents had to pay for us to have it. But I don't recall anything since being even remotely close to as awesome as speedvision. IIRC, it was literally real motorsports (not some reality tv bs) 24/7. Every kind of motorcycle racing from Baha to AMA everything to speedway, F1, indy, SCCA, literally EVERYTHING. I'd give my left nut to have speedvision back.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It did have everything - some live but not much and certainly no live motorcycle racing, at best it was delayed 2-3 days. It was absolutely great for the time but in an era of being able to watch it all live it doesn't come close.

13. redtailracing

Gotcha, wasn't aware of the tape delay on live moto racing. Like I said, I just remember LOTS of racing lol.

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

People have been posting vintage Speedvision AMA stuff on YouTube. You can check out old races and see how it compares to today.

My opinion is that the entire American motorcycle road racing product is nothing like it used to be. This was my first year attending the 200 since 2005ish. It’s a shadow of its former self imho. Without the big dollar factory teams, the product has really suffered.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed to an extent, the loss of major factory money hurts for sure but the access to it worldwide is a huge improvement. Racing will never be the way it was back in the "good old days" because the entire sport has changed as has the world at large.

SteveThompson likes this.
  16. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Oh yeah?

I had to watch the 200 while walking to/from school through a blizzard (uphill both ways) and being chased by a pack of wolves.

redtailracing and Banditracer like this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Me too, and I was barefoot !

TurboBlew and Steady T like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And pregnant?

19. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Absolutely. The world has changed. I try not to be a grumpy old man about it. :)

We had a good time at Daytona and actually bought VIP tickets for Road America. It may not be what it was, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still fun.

I live in Indiana and the Indy500 is the same story. It is nothing compared to what it once was. The whole series is a bit of a joke. Cheapo spec cars, no real sponsors, no big personality drivers, bleh. Last I knew, the speedway was sponsoring like half the cars just to make sure they have a decent grid.

cav115 likes this.
  20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I looked up the title sponsor for Daytona...Mission Foods...they are headquartered a few miles from my house in Irving.

Wonder what drove them to ante up? I bet there are some motorcycle enthusiasts there.