1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Top Triple Clamp change in 2011

Discussion in 'Tech' started by prm, Mar 4, 2024.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The part number changes from the 2008-2010 to a different one for 2011-2016. Anyone know what is different? All the aftermarket models cover across all the years 08-16. The picture in the parts catalog looks the same. Did they make it a little softer or stiffer?

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Interesting. You made me curious.

I just looked through the bin of R6 triples I have and across a sample size of six, one of which was an 06-07 set, 2 were 08-16, and 3 are 17-current, they all have the exact same webbing on the underside and part number in the casting 13S10. They all look identical. Only difference is the 06-07 one says FC1 under the part number and all the other ones (08-16 and 17+) say FC2. Maybe the supplier changed?

Lower triple was definitely different in 06-07 (52mm, but swept down). But all the 08-16 are the same (52mm, flat). 17+ is 54mm and flat.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
  3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

2008-2010:
    CROWN, HANDLE (13S-23435-10-00)

2011-2016:
    CROWN, HANDLE (13S-23435-30-00)

I have no idea if/what the 10 vs. 30 means. This was searching Motosport oem parts. Every aftermarket top triple covers all the years with one. Can’t be that much difference. Maybe they painted it differently or some such nonsense.

4. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

It can be a simple change to a drawing that involved a process or color or xyz and that 30 instead of 10 may just be the revision change. Part may fit but something in the part manufacturing changed.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The Yamaha part number system is very easy to understand once you know the concept.
    First 3 digits, 13S is the model.
    2nd 5 digits are the location of the part on the vehicle. And each of these 5 have a meaning to what it is.
    Example 13S-11351-00-00 is a cylinder base gasket. 13S-11631-blah-blah is a piston.
    The next 2 digits signifies something like a change of vendor, a slight deviation, or a improvement. And the last 2 digits are rarely used. Man I can ramble on!

TurboBlew and prm like this.
  6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Well keep rambling and spill the beans on what the -10 going to -30 means here! :Poke:

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

In other words, a part for a specific bike, (or perhaps one used on a different model, built earlier,) has the xxx- designation. xxxxx- is the description of the part. 00- is the first design / production run / mfg; 20-, 30-, etc, is the superseded part #. Last xx is similar, but different.

A part that has xxx-xxxxx- will work on any other bike with the same designation, though some might hold up better, or work better, having been redesigned. Unless they are worse... :crackup: