1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerez testing...

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Jan 24, 2024.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Interesting that the time chart confirms that all of the riders did in fact use a tire to get their best lap time:confused:

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So I can't relly look it up, but curious what a decent test or practice motogp time is at Jerez. Is that a positive time for Bradl? Are the WSBK bikes pretty close to Gp at that track? Cause they were hyping the weight loss like it would have secured MM had he tried it.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Bagnaia has the MotoGP lap record of 1:36.17, set in a qualifying session in 2022. He also has the race lap record of 1:37.669, also set in 2022.
    So Bradl's testing time is what you'd expect for a test rider testing stuff.

The WSBK lap records aren't all that far off MotoGP at Jerez - Rea with the overall record of 1:38.247 in qualifying and Bautista has the race lap record at 1:39.004, both in 2019.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  4. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

And Bulega did a 1:37:809... well under the lap record !!! :eek:
    Effen impressive if you ask me.
    Wonder if this kid/man is the real deal. Never heard of him. Where is he from ? @HPPT any insight ?

brex likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

he struggled in moto2 and 3 would be fast as fuck but super inconsistent. I thought he was a bigger kid so maybe thats why the production bikes fit him better maybe? I talked about him a while back with Papa I believe.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How is that even possible? He was a VR46 racer for years. Even if you never noticed his results, you must have seen his hair! He disappointed in Moto 2 and ended up in World Supersport just when of the Ducati was allowed to race against 600s. First year was not the disappointment. Last year, he ran away with it Bautista-style.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

[​IMG]

8. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

JR covers the new weight regulations in this vid at 4 min in. Essentially the min rider weight limit is 80kg. For every kg that you are under 80 you will need to add 0.5 kg of ballast to the bike. He says Bautista is 66kg in his leathers so he'll need to add 14lbs of ballast.

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Bautista to fill his boots with lead and start a revolution in dynamic ballast riding style really accenting the keg dangle well.

gixxernaut likes this.
  10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It's a shame they're pulling this crap again. Did it with Rea when he was winning everything and they started neutering his RPMs. They keep trying to manufacture competitiveness.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I think adding a keg dangle will add lots of excitement.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Brits would excel.....Crutchlow!

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don't like it either but reality is there's naturally significant disparity between machines, partly due to manufacturers sticking to a specific set of rules for their road bikes (such as everyone making I4 1000s), and partly due to economics resulting in some brands not even updating their platform for over a decade. And competition brings viewership. Viewership brings money. Without money, the series doesn't exist. It sucks, but I'll also recognize it keeps the series healthy.

Senna likes this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

According to facebook, Rossi was out there running around with them today. Didn't pay attention to what he was on though.

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

His prepped R1 - no idea of how built it is or what tires/fuel but I'd guess the spec stuff.

He was a tick under 5 sec/lap off Bulega who was fastest on day 1 of testing and he was 1.8 sec/lap off Pecco who was on a V4 Pani.

16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Boman Forklift and bpro like this.
  18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

So what you're saying is, riding a 500 back then, is just like riding a Moto3 bike now.... ;)

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member