1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JH4 Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Feb 26, 2024.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I have a roadracingworld onezie my 3 month old wore, signed by Josh and Melissa at a race. They both chatted with my wife and I, that's the kind of people they are. Bought the knife to support Josh. Happy to spend money when it goes to something worthy, go win this thing Josh!

Alex.434, redtailracing and Quicktoy like this.
  2. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Yup - two of the most down to earth people you could ever meet.

t

redtailracing and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I never said anything negative about Josh. I said $345-375 for a knife was crazy. Y'all are getting shit twisted. But that's typical on here.

ToofPic and AC1108 like this.
  4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Did i stutter? Yes, seriously.

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You obviously know nothing about knives and are speaking from zero experience. My daily carry for 11 years is a $300 Emerson super commander and my wife carries an $800 microtech. $375 is average to low average for a good knife. That being said, as a gun shop owner and manufacturer, I am a very anti Benchmade knife guy for reasons that are publicly known, and I’ll still probably pull the trigger on one of these knives for the mere fact it’s Josh Hayes and what I think is an awesome way to fund raise.

Alex.434 and redtailracing like this.
  6. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

The knife shop owner is cool.

The motorcycle racer is cool.

I can't imagine there would be anything worth arguing over but here we are....

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You're right. People coming on here spouting dumbass opinions on subjects they know exactly fuckall about is fairly typical here. :crackup:

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Some people have to find something to bitch about with everything.

Alex.434 likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Whoooooooosh! :crackup:

bergs likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Put the shovel down, man. You're on your way to China. :crackup:

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I have them from $14.95 to one that Nathan Raptis custom made, you couldn't buy for any amount of $$..
    $300-400 is just a "Nice" knife these days.

Shenanigans and Quicktoy like this.
  12. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I'm not a knife guy, and considering my track record of losing the I'm not ready to spend that much coin. I would however be more than happy to send a $100 "sponsorship" to the effort. How about it @hayes131, can I get a small inconspicuous spot on the bike for a benjamin?

13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've got at least 10 pair of $5 sunglasses and over a dozen $5 knives laying around the shop.
    Only because I lose the mofos.
    I have no problem withthe price of this knife and I want one, it won't be my daily though because I don't want to lose it. haha

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

So instead of calling out the fools you make a reasonable counter offer, stand up dude here.

redtailracing and Banditracer like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Those high-zoot knives are the tacticool equivalent of all those fumb ducks spending a year’s worth of house payments on some shiny blob to sit on their wrist and go tick-tock-tick-tock.

The $30 one emblazoned with “Milwaukee” is my EDC :rolleyes:, and when it goes missing or gets destroyed, I guess I’ll use my savings from not paying hundreds of dollars for a pocket bayonet to replace it.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

With one of them fancy ka-niffays, you can scrape some less deserving sponsor off the fairings and staple a pair of those extraneous socks you have lying around to it. :D

bpro likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m not into pocket knifes because I don’t need one for everyday and it’d be extra shit to lose. I have a spyderco I bought back in the 1840s that when I need a knife I have.

The JH knife is cool to me but just something I don’t need (even if I kinda want it) but I’m sure it’ll sell out.

I said it before, it’s a kick ass marketing strategy and way to partially finance the 200 for Josh.

Alex.434 and dtalbott like this.
  18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Can't trust a guy that don't carry a pocket knife...just say'n. :crackup:

969, jhalls, r6fast and 5 others like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, but with my former travel schedule, TSA didn’t trust anyone with a knife. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You pretending you haven't bought a roadracing helmet since Y2K? :D

dtalbott likes this.