1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Hayes has always come across as someone who has his ducks in a row.
    He also comes across as someone who would honor an agreement (in other words, a stand up guy who corners low) so if he was already and set to go with OneCure then it could be as simple as that no matter what Attack Yamaha is doing behind the scenes.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Sure hope they don't crash into Team Poutine on track, the clean up will be super messy

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I have no inside information or insight to support my intuitions. That said, I feel confident Tom Halverson, Richard, and Josh communicate regularly and in mutually beneficial ways to all.

This scenario ensures another competitive Yamaha on the grid. One with the all time winningest rider, and one with the #1 plate, on a championship winning team. I would guess Richard views Josh as a cooperative supported satellite team.

pjdoran, YamahaRick and 418 like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wire harnesses were on backorder from Ten Kate. Had to call in a favor at Yamaha but in the end, theirs was ready to ship out only a couple of days after we got one.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I tend to agree with all this. I can't imagine that if Josh was available upon the realization they needed another rider, that they would go any other direction. He's clearly capable of winning it, I'm guessing he'd be the oldest winner, winningest rider of all time, finally getting that last notch on his belt that took him so many years to achieve. I mean what better story could there be? It would garner more attention and positive press than any other potential winner except maybe Kayla.

And you're spot on that Josh has his shit together and would have been putting this effort together months ago, long before Cam P pulled out.

pjdoran and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Funny. Sounds just like us. Ivpray nothing happens to that kit because we won't get another one on the fly.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Kurlon likes this.
  8. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Sv650 reign of terror appears to be over...

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If 10 Ducs can finish the 200 I'll finally consider buying one.

....I think I'm safe

Gino230, JBall, pjdoran and 6 others like this.
  10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I mean, what do you think the chances are of a 100% completion rate for any manufacturer that entered...

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

A quick Google suggests they make less hp than stock under NextGen rules. Seems like they'll be fine.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

upload_2024-2-23_10-1-12.jpeg

13. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I wonder if the SV1000 Batey use to race would fit within the rules of that class

Once a Wanker.. and CR750 like this.
  14. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Got 2 flights non-stop and a rental for under $500, not too sad about that.

15. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Anything Superquadro based (899-1299) is basically fool proof. Even the current testastretta Evos have plain bearings on the cranks now and are pretty darn indestructible. Running belts for valve timing though is definitely not the best for endurance racing where so much time is spent at WOT.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

East Coast peps, ck out Avelo Air, they hit every po-dunk airport for @ $100 bucks, shits been clean, pleasant and on time for us.

upload_2024-2-26_16-6-50.png

Attached Files:

backbone likes this.
  17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

We've taken them back and forth from Wilmington to Tampa half dozen times. Clean 737-800s and always on time. We flew round trip for $50/person a few months ago, prices have seemed to creep up since then.

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  18. Dominguez44

Dominguez44 Well-Known Member

Only the 03/04 model with the silver frame is legal. 03/04 was the only year the "naked unfaired upright handle bar" model was built/imported in the US.
    Atleast thats what I was told last year. It created a bit of a buzz when I entered it last year.

motodog650 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This got me curious. Looks like Barnes was about 47 when he won the Daytona 200 in 2016. Per Wikipedia, Josh Hayes will be 48 if he wins this year.

Gino230 likes this.
  20. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Looks like a few more of them on the Daytona grid for this year :cool: