Discussion in 'General' started by Brad, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I was so close!:crackup:

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was member number 4 or 6 in the OG forum in 98. I think it went for 2-3 years then they switched the platform and we all started over. Gen 1 was pretty damn cool. The 2-3 years of Gen 2 were like the attitude era in WWE before the feds came in

27 likes this.
  3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Will be in 2 yrs.

Have 20+yrs on a few other forums. 1 is still active. Rest pretty much shut down.

27 likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's about time for another Nazif or similar to show up and steadily work themselves into a public shunning. Haven't had a genuine nimrod in a while.

418 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I came in wave two. Miss the OGs but the attitude era was insanity and fun. :D

Hyperdyne and 27 like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

@Johnny B and a few of us have discussed the old east coast based “Racer’s List”… can’t remember what it was called… someone remind me and educate the punk asses what we had to do back in the day :)… it was a email chat room type thing iirc… way before the first version of the bbs I believe… early/mid 90s iirc

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

[email protected], Moderated by Jeff Earls. I signed on about 1996. Jeff had an interesting set of rules that took a whole page. In a nutshell, he said that if he got up on the wrong side of bed, he would boot you for spite.
    For membership he asked for donations for the guy who owned the domain and you could pay him with old license plates.
    There was a splinter group that I think called themselves the Denizens of Doom. They had secret handshakes and whatnot, put their membership # in their MicaPeak signature and not tell you anything.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    27 likes this.
  8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Funny but I still run an email list on micapeak. DoD is probably still around as well I would guess.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

23 years on here...damn...i dont even feel 23 lol

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My 20 year anniversary is in July. Couldn't drive a car by myself back then.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think I’m a year or 2 younger than ‘dyne.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

22 years later this year. Lurked for a couple of years before that.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

22 in July… damn… there’s more of us old school guys still on here than I thought…. Everyone pull up their polyester pants and get out your white shoes…. We’re moving to La Boca Vista!!! :D

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

At least 27 years here for me.

16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I dont know my age...I was originally Conner98..Its fun reliving past,and watch the sport progress..waay outta my skill set!!

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

HEY!!!! I found my old profile! Says 2005!

TLR67 likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I remember before that Dean Adams had a Yahoo group. Several people here were on it, I won't name names. I once made a comment about live TV sucked. It was because somebody told me that at Road Atlanta in 1998 that when Mat Mladin almost ass packed that ambulance, the cornerworker wanted a red flag but was overruled because of live TV.
    The next year we're at Road Atlanta again and Larry Maiers was running around the paddock, taking head shots of the riders for TV. We were chatting, and as soon as he realized who I was, he started chastising me about my comments about the live TV. After he was done talking, Frankie the Finger said to him, "You really talk like that!" :D

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Y'all have lost focus again.
    6998 bottles of beer on the wall
    6998 bottles of beer
    Take one down and pass it around
    6997 bottles of beer on the wall

20. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

One of my favorite moments was when the Rollie Free post happened. I can’t remember who it was but Jesus Christ I was dying reading his post. Was a hell of a good writer and epic first post on the forum.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.