1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree on that score. I wasn't really thinking team name or even the main team as that is prety obviously Josh setting up his own thing, more wondering if he'd have the same team in the pits given their experience or if he's building a new one from scratch (which given his endurance experience wouldn't be hard to accomplish). Just a curiosity thing on my part.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I was hours away from shipping him some stuff that was getting delayed through their regular pipeline. This all seems to be coming together pretty late.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It would be cool to have AOD crew for him if Squid Hunter doesn't.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do have experience at it :D (and in doing the 200)

5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Some interesting rider/ team combinations. Warhorse has 2 riders. Hayden Gillim with Vesrah racing. Bobby Fong, Eslick (again). M4 with 3 entries. Looks like a strong field.

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

While I am bummed about the potential lack of a rule change, I also counted 21 riders who I'd guess have a shot at winning. Still can't help but be excited.

And let's be honest here, if you ACTUALLY WATCHED last year, despite the goofy rule, the race was a hella nailbiter and still a blast to watch.

8. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

8% of the riders are from Wisconsin lol.

9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

17 R6
    16 ZX6
    15 GSXR750
    10 V2
    5 Tri 765
    3 Tri 675
    1 GSXR600

kirk erlinger likes this.
  10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I see the 5 "disrupters" this year to be the 3 YART boys and the 2 Brits - Hickman and wee Richard Cooper.

Cant wait to see how they all take to the high banks.

evakat and MrGooch like this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think Cooper has ridden Daytona before, IIRC he rode in the Boxer Cup races in the early 2000's.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. cosan

cosan Well-Known Member

No mention of Lee Johnston on the official entry list.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

clarification: "Total laps completed in all parts of the race"

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Beautiful!

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Since I'm Mr. Popular opinion...

I think it's lame that Hayes, a past Yamaha champion and recent race winner, is running his own effort while Attack Yamaha is fielding a one off with a guy that was on the other side of the fence last year racing for another factory team.

So much for that Yamaha family bullshit. And this ain't the first time Hayes has gotten snubbed....

I said what I said.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Lets not forget he also filled in for them last year when their rider was hurt. I'm a Yamaha fan, but they have shown nearly zero loyalty to Josh the last few years. I get he's in the twilight stages of his career, but so was Rossi, and Josh's results are better than the last few years of Vale's career, albeit at a lower level of competition.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Cheeseheads Unite!!!

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

R6 Parts are getting harder and harder to come by. We had to pick up some YART stuff and glad we got it before the new year. Would have never made it in time.

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Just speculating here, but maybe Josh already had plans by the time Attack found out Cam P wasnt fit to ride? My understanding is the Cam was planning on ridding, and went testing a couple weeks ago.

Once a Wanker.. and bergs like this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member