1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Like Foo... 100% brand Armega goggles. If you sweat a lot, and have big fogging issues, get the dual pane, or dual pane vented lenses. We wear these for bikes, and sleds. If I were going to fog... It would be on the sleds, hot face, cold air. But, the dual panes dont fog, for us.

The Armega is a pre-curved polycarbonate lens, the clarity from flat lenses of any goggle mfgr to the curved, in 100%, from my experience, is like going to HD lenses. When I was exposed to them the first time, I was told, look through your new 100% Racecraft goggle, then look through this... It was night and day. Within a few days, I had multiple pair. Ski

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Do you guys like the clear or mirror lens better?

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm clear, always. I only snug my visor so I'm can move it up and down on the fly.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. skidooboy

For woods riding, clear mostly. For bright, clear, sunny days, open terrain, tracks, light tint to mirrored depending on conditions. Ski

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I have a whole bin of goggles here now and I honestly haven't found any appreciable difference between any of them other than lens availability. The 100% stuff is more readily available where I shop so that is what I have the most of. I have a couple pair of 100% Racecraft and that is what I reach for most often.

malamute likes this.
  6. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

100% clear lens with tear offs.

7. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

I used to have a fogging problems due to sweating, riding humid Minnesota northwoods singletrack. I can't remember the old brand that fogged up on me but I've since switched to some SPY Woot goggles and they've been fog-free.

8. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Ive used Spy in the past, I had no issues with them. For the past few years Ive been using Dragon NFX. I like the NFX because they are easy to clean, and easy to swap lenses.

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Any of you wear glasses? Difficult to find OTG goggles, especially for someone with a big head and face.

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I don’t wear goggles when riding my dickbike.

11. skidooboy

Contacts. anything else, and you will be dealing with broken glasses, weird fitting issues in helmet, and fogging of glasses, and goggles. Ski

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I use prescription inserts in my goggles, work great.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I've been getting a giggle over the used YZ125 listings in my area vs KTM 125SXs. Every YZ is clapped out with horrible spelling/grammar in the listing, and little, if any, actual details. Oh, and shit pictures.

The KTMs look pristine in comparison and are pretty detailed with parts replaced at X hours, etc. Great photos too. It's hilarious.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Pretty cool. Seems to be a good combo of a Yamaha and KTM.

15. Resident Plarp

In the business, YZ250 owners can’t discern why the YZ250F parts they bought won’t fit. I mean, it’s only one letter, but reading IS hard.

TurboBlew, Wheel Bearing and Senna like this.
  16. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I've switched to riding with safety glasses most of the time myself.

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Picking up a KTM 200EXC this weekend. It's been about 35 years since I've had a dirtbike but I'm really looking forward to it. First item on the list besides the bike is finding some nice knee braces seeing how I don't bounce as well as I used to.:D

Senna, TurboBlew and brex like this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

prepare to have fun

19. Resident Plarp

Get ready to have the wind knocked out of you more than some uber nerd during his first semester away at an all-boys boarding school. It stops hurting after a while, I promise. :D

tgold likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with the YZ125X? I was leaning towards a straight MX bike and just riding the vet tracks, but this seems like a good 50/50 option for both track and trails.