1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Chaz Davies to the career graveyard Moto-E. Bummer. Unless it's just for fun.

CRA_Fizzer and BigBird like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m a bit surprised Ducati didn’t send him to the US to race superbikes but since they’re now supplying the bikes for the E class, whatever.

I’m sure there’s someone that cares about that class but I ain’t that person. :D

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Didn't even know he was still racing to be honest. Where was he last year?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He wasn't racing, as far as I'm aware.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. redtailracing

Eh, makes venturing into the career graveyard a bit easier pill to swallow then. Let's be honest, Chaz aint exactly in is prime. If this let's him continue competing for an extra year or 2, so be it considering the alternative may be retirement.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can sit at home and say that you're taking a year off.

When you go to Moto-E, you're officially acknowledging that it's over. Yeah, there's the occasional Moto 2 or 3 injury replacement if you're young enough and running near the front but essentially, full-time jobs at that level are thing of the past.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think he was riders coach and development rider last year but I’m not 100% on that.

ungwaha likes this.
  8. redtailracing

Meh, I just looked it up and he's 37 years old already. Not sure I see a whole bunch of full time rides popping out of the woodwork if he takes another year off.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I meant last year. With a comeback this year.

2nd year off or Moto-E says "I'm done on the world level."

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

He’s the rider coach for Ducati WSBK team. Not a bad gig.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Chaz had some pretty nasty injuries last few years so I don't think he has any desire to ride at any higher level than moto e. I'm guessing it's for shits and giggles. Good for him

12. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

He's done the occasional endurance race with Ducati since announcing his retirement after a lackluster year or two on the GO-Eleven team. Chaz is just under legend status with red. Won a lot of races but could never put his hands on the chip. I remember seeing him in 2007 sub on the Pramac Duc at Laguna way back because who ever their rider was got sick or hurt and he was one of two guys in the paddock with the proper license. I think BB was the other but he was with Graves Yamaha that year

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That Castrol bike looks great.

The HRC Honda needs to keep the orange, to me, it is part of their identity.

ShadowBoxer and ducrcr like this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Honda got tired of people thinking they were running up front and winning occasionally and had to change their colors. People were buying too many KTM shirts. Wouldn't wanna make that mistake.

16. redtailracing

This makes my smol pp the big PP.

As far as the Respsol bike, I dig the new look.

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Funny you say that. Castrol meant HRC in World Superbike, at one time. And Rothmans colors used to mean HRC in GP.

Razr, YamahaRick and rafa like this.
  18. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

I think they’re making a statement with that color scheme. Really curious to see if “wider development path” theory holds up this year.

cpettit likes this.
  19. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

How does the dude on the right still have a ride in this series. I realize the obvious answer but c'mon.
    No other Japanese options? 6 seasons and almost a perfect record.
    IMG_8950.jpg

ShadowBoxer and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You're not wrong, but mindewe, if say Harley had a GP team, maybe some American names could also miraculously 'fit' on the rostrum.... :D

ShadowBoxer likes this.