1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What'd ya get for the SO for V-Day?

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Feb 13, 2024.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I got mine a pretzel from 'Oops, we baked too much' markdown rack at the Kroger.

Looks kinda like a heart... She likes pretzels... I think it'll be a hit!

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

A bouquet of red and pink roses with pink lillies.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

A card. We both agree that even that it too much.

CBRRRRR999 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  4. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing! Happily married 25 years, and have never bought her a thing or taken her out for Valentine's day even once. She hates Valentine's day and says if you can't do special things and treat me right the rest of the year I don't want you to do it on the day the rest of the world is doing it.

Now if I don't something on her birthday or our anniversary that's a different story!

5. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

41 years here ,we don't participate.

CBRRRRR999 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

NADA .... she's gonna make me a nice dinner, then shuffle the kids away and we plan some adult time. :D

Almost 19 years married here.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

We've been together for 18 years, married for 14. Her birthday is on Valentines Day...so there's that. :confused:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

We had friends invite us to the Living Legends of Auto Racing annual dinner and awards this evening so that gets me a pass for tomorrow!!

It was a great time with many of the past and current stars of racing and I scored a great shirt autographed by Richard Petty.

CBRRRRR999 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We were married on Feb 11th, I've had 41 years of not having to recognize Valentines Day.

CBRRRRR999 and brex like this.
  10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Married 12 years, together 18. This weekend she says, I'm doing nothing for Vday for you, and please don't spend money on me.

Love that woman. I still got a card but she hate flowers so I know not to waste money on those.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I'll get her some flowers on Thursday. It's the same principle I use for buying candy on November 1st.

CBRRRRR999 and auminer like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We chose Feb 14th 25 years ago because we both call Valentine's Day a fake holiday and refuse to participate.
    So instead, it's simply our anniversary.

CBRRRRR999, worthless and rd400racer like this.
  13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Local M/C club organized V.D. dinner at a nice locally owned and run restaurant.

CBRRRRR999 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Some of us mourn this day, you know…

Attached Files:

JBall likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

50 years this September.....got married on her birthday....Don't do VD(neither the disease or the day!) and don't do birthdays or anniversary either. I did buy her 3 motorcycles for her BD. Each one was good for 10 years of gifting. A FJR in 2004, a Ninja 650 in 2014 and currently using a Can Am Ryker.....

tl1098 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Not a thing, she doesn’t want or expect anything special. We both think it’s a bullshit holiday. We show our love affection in many ways throughout the year— don’t need a manufactured, ostentatious holiday to do that.

Once a Wanker.., brex and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Bought a couple of filets and some think sliced bacon to wrap them in. Adding some cheddar mashers and green beans to round out the meal. Picked up a cute little bundt cake in her favorite flavor for dessert. A man has to know his limitations and letting someone else do the baking is mine.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Coming up on married 34 years, we exchanged cards, she went serious, I went humorous. Also my oldest daughters birthday.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sent my wife and mom flowers. Just a thinking of them day.

20. 198Rick

198Rick Member

I'm a VD baby too, married 31 years.

BigBird likes this.