1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My favorite socks right now are

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Under Armour Performance Tech. Soft and cushiony and my feet don't sweat. I fookin love these things.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My Batman socks have a hole in the heel. It is causing me a great deal of anguish. I asked for a new pair for Christmas, but apparently I was on the wrong list.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I am just happy to have two that match in a pair in the drawer. There are no guarantees at our house. The pile of singles looking for a match grows on the dryer.

ToofPic and BigBird like this.
  4. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

injinjis. the weirdo ones with individual toes.

hate the feeling of sweaty toes rubbing against each other, and man do my feet sweat like crazy.

stickboy274 likes this.
  5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

In the dirty laundry.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Solution?

[​IMG]

Even @Metalhead can figure out how to match them.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Darn Tough. They've lasted me a ridiculously long time.

smooth, nowayout and rd400racer like this.
  8. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

Snap-on socks all day long. Like little warm pillows for my feet.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Merino wool for me during the cold months.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The merino wool blends work well in thin, warm weather socks, to help wick moisture away from the skin.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It doesn't matter how many I buy they all end up the same way. Few and fewer pairs made from their missing partners. I still have no idea where they go. I used to blame it on the kids when he lived with us. I'd blame the dogs but they don't chew on socks.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

rd400racer likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

you nasty

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My brother gave me a few pairs of them a few years ago. They are stupid awesome.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Do you feel protected with "armored" socks on that have no actual armor in them?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

They go *under* the armor, goofball. :rolleyes:

BigBird likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ll bet a good 1/3rd of Nike’s profits come their calf length white dry fit socks. The kid goes through they like a fat kid goes through donuts.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Same white hanes low cut ankle socks with grey soles. Every couple years I buy a couple packs, and they all get tossed in a bin. No matches need to be made, and no cuffs get stretched out being paired (drives me nuts). Some get dirtier than others, so eventually I try and match shades of white. When they get too bad, or develop a hole, they get tossed, and when the bin gets noticeably empty I buy more. Been running this system for a long time now (15+years) for my daily driver socks, and it's pretty good. The wife used to buy me socks for Christmas, and would get similar ones, with different colour toes, or writing etc, and it would screw everything all up lol. I couldn't handle the chaos of the sock bin, so she doesn't buy them anymore, and all is right in the world again :D. Spectrum disorder has it's pluses sometimes.

I do have other socks of different colours, and styles, but they go in a different bin. But I primarily wear the same style socks every day (ironically not today though). The merino recommendation above is great. I have a few pairs of nice thick merino wool ones that come up to my knee and I love those for outside work, or in the winter. I put those on, and I legit feel like they are too good for me, a simple peasant lol.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

compression type... definitely keeps my feet happy.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.