1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Yeah, those were the good old days!

AndrewG725 likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Me too! Really fun track!... Liked it more than Laguna even...

Watch out for chicks with dicks man... :D I know you're ghey but not that gay... :crackup:

AndrewG725 and motion like this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

27 likes this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When in Rome...

AndrewG725 likes this.
  5. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

lmao

6. AndrewG725

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH. Sorry, had to laugh when you compared MA to NASCAR. Which MA rider gets paid $10-17 million a year to race? What is this obsession with MA "promoting" riders to the world stage? If you want to race in Europe then go to Europe. Time to get out of your fantasy world and step into 2024 reality.

Chazzz and 5axis like this.
  7. AndrewG725

AFM has been trying, but the track was already booked up for 2024. Supposedly they'll have a 2025 date. Hard disagree, riders love Sonoma, it's just expensive. The 103 db noise limit can be annoying too, rarely. The reality is we just don't have enough racers to make the numbers work. Kind of hard to race when average income is like $40k and average house is like $800k. Dang lazy Gen Z don't wanna work!

8. AndrewG725

Combo of them losing money on the track rental costs and the deteriorating surface (which is now brand new). Sucks since it's such an amazing course. I feel MA will probably never return just because of the safety issues.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

You know he’s worldwide man… he’s in Italy all the time but I’m sure he’s not just ghey when he’s there… or Thailand… :D

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have a new Rome story... for another time... just not today :D

27 likes this.
  11. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

That was really interesting. And as someone who hasn't thought very highly of the baggers up to now, I found it genuinely eye opening. Thanks for posting it.

If the baggers are at the Texas MotoGP round I predict every single racer in the paddock will be on pit wall for the start. And more than a few smiling MotoGP stars instagoogling themselves sitting on one at some point during the weekend.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

Corey Alexander posted on his IG Story yesterday a "Practice Bike" that looked like a V2, and tagged RahalDucati in the photo.

Has it been mentioned where/what he is riding in 2024 yet? I dont recall.

13. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

rrkxb.jpg

ajcjr and 418 like this.
  14. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

I did. I knew about him leaving Tytlers. Didnt know if he signed a deal yet anywhere else, or if he was alluding to something with his Rahal Ducati Tag.

Attached Files:

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

He is riding a V2 under the Rahal tent but it will have a different primary sponsor and color then the xcel bikes.

Chazzz likes this.
  16. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, where do you get that from?

Capture.JPG

stk0308, Namarow and Chazzz like this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

No you clearly don't understand

18. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Yes. Twins also.

MrGooch likes this.
  19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Frank, you may not want to answer but when you guys showed the V2 and said it had a twin I was surprised Rocco wasn't put on it. Is it just a backup bike or will you guys have a 2nd rider?

20. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I have input on riders but that's all, ultimately the decision on who is in the seats is made elsewhere. Announcement on the Twins and Supersport campaigns is forthcoming.

BC and E Reed like this.