1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever talk to you boss shit fuck hammered

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

No it was kind of like the Seinfeld episode when you show up for work on Monday and nothing happened. But cooking over the top BEEF Tenderlion beef and broccoli for lunch, lobster for dinner

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Definitely wasn't fun but with friends and family for support I pulled through it and I'll have 10 months sobriety tomorrow
    Hardest thing I've ever had to do but also the most rewarding.
    Life is such a beautiful thing when viewed through a clear, sober, focused set of eyes.

ToofPic, Once a Wanker.., 27 and 3 others like this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Unless he served a bad meal or told the boss to GFY why would he? He's not performing rocket surgery or working in the corporate world.

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I hope you can find a path forward that leads you to sobriety. My dad died from alcoholism at age 63. Great guy sober, dick when he was drunk, which became more frequent as he got older. After I saw him die from alcohol, I slowed way down on my drinking, and now have only a glass of wine or two with dinner. I actually feel more alive now than I did when I drank more heavily. I send positive thoughts your way. No judgment.

5. Captain Morgan

Ever try to cook good food that people with unlimited income and eat at the best restaurants in the world and try to impress them?

CBRRRRR999 and R1Racer99 like this.
  6. Captain Morgan

I have worked on boats for 350k a week, kind of get stressed knowing they are paying 10 grand for breakfast

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Liability. Rich folks don't care for it.

CBRRRRR999, Sabre699 and pickled egg like this.
  8. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

I will agree. There are a LOT of people I haven't spoken a word with since, which sucks because a lot of them i grew up with. Some days I really do miss it. Most days im completely over it. It felt weird for a while going out to eat and not getting a beer, going on vacation and not getting mixed drinks, beer etc. Its weird how accustomed i was to drinking SO much.
    It's a blast partying and not giving a shit. The last snowmobile trip I went on in January 2022 with buddies i don't remember the vast majority of it. I know it was fun. But i knew deep down the fun/carefree clock was ticking. It was only a matter of time before some bad shit happened. Im still young, and lucky i had family(willing) around to help out with it.
    Someone posted in a different thread about going down the wrong aisle at a grocery store could throw his sobriety off the rails, and thats exactly how i am.

ToofPic, thunderalley3 and BrentA like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It wasn't a dig...

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Right now there's a stripper in a backroom about to suck off a 450lb dude that smells like spoiled milk so she can make rent and her kids have a place to stay.

Count your blessings

ToofPic likes this.
  11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Not everyone who drinks heavy needs or wants help. For those who do, there's hope because some of us found a way out.
    Some people do stupid shit drunk or sober, and some only when drunk and neither is a good predictor of addiction.
    If you want to stop and can't, lemme know. Cause that's a MF
    If you don't want to stop, keep posting up the crazy stories. I ain't got no room to judge and they are funny as hell.

ToofPic and R1Racer99 like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Shhh, you're ruining the mood in here.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I realized long ago that alcohol turns me into someone I don't like.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That and it sounds a bit like a Bloodhound Gang song.....

ToofPic and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  16. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

This whole place is like a Bloodhound Gang song, Fire Water Burn. Or A Lap Dance is so much better if the stripper is crying.

ToofPic likes this.
  17. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

They’re probably more worried about telling their buddies about how much they paid for some food than how it actually tastes. How many people really have a palate better than their ego?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I was a professional drunk for a few decades… Bartended as well…Ended up going to night school to get a degree.. Still Partied and Enjoyed Life, Got in the corporate world Had Kids and was still a drunk… Finally The buzz was harder to get.. that’s when I quit.. over 5 years ago.. It’s a gift if you know you have a problem.. It’s deadly if you don’t..Would I change anything? Hell no.. had some damn good times and met some great friends from the drinking.. Cheers Motherfuckers! (Raising a Redbull)

ToofPic, Phl218, CBRRRRR999 and 2 others like this.
  19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

You don’t have to answer this, but it’s something I’m always curious about. How much and how long did you have to drink to get to that point? I don’t get shitfaced that often, but I’ve pretty much drank every day for the last twenty years and I’m wondering how long I have before some of that shit starts.

ToofPic likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The answer to that question likely is 90%+ genetics based (absent a pure Leaving Las Vegas type of lifestyle).