1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever talk to you boss shit fuck hammered

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Feb 6, 2024.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My sleep HR is around 35 when I'm not drinking.

Stationary but awake is around 55

I have a Friday night ritual where we hot tub, have a cigar and drink bourbon. Heart numbers are a shitshow on those nights. Same for me.....thwt 3a.m. piss hits with a pounding heart

2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Milk or even sometimes half and half, has helped me to drink far less. I have friends who can't believe how much milk I drink.

BrentA and ToofPic like this.
  3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm a Florida boy, nothing better than fresh squeezed oj, except a nice French champagne mixed in it at 9 am seems better

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Babies sleep like shit

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

"If it ain't a Harley it ain't shit"?
    Have they ever parsed that sentence?
    Rephrased it becomes "If it is a Harley,
    it's shit".

6. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

I struggled with this as well. I never had a drop until I turned 21. It was a downward spiral for about 6 years. 99% of my best friends are heavy drinkers, it took me a while to be able to hangout with them again. It used to be go to the bar and see who can get totally shitfaced. It was fun for a while, but alcohol was definitely a foe in my story. I was drinking nearly a fifth many days a week. Some people can handle it well, not me. I could never drink one and be done. I tried slowing down, and it worked for weeks on end, but I always end back up on the bandwagon totally drunk and being a fuckup. My wife and family had enough. I was in a really dark place. That all being said, I'm in no place to tell anyone to, or not to quit. Some can handle it. I on the other hand cannot. It was in my best interest to get my shit straight.

I don't know the exact date I quit, it was mid-January-early February 2023, but it's been about 1 year and some change so far, lost 25 lbs and feel great. Will I never drink again? I can't answer that. Thats hard to swallow and truly believe. Just take it day by day, and work on being better throughout. My relationships are better, work ethic is better, hell I even ride better.

7. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

That's funny. My 'go-to' has been Food Lion flavored seltzer waters. Has the same ritual as grabbing a can of beer, plus carbonation.
    If you're not already, I've found that cartons of milk have a significantly longer shelf life in the fridge than the plastic gallons. Making this change has been really surprising.

CBRRRRR999 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Some of you guys may remember Brett Ray from R&R racing… made alum parts and stands… great stuff…

For the 100th anniversary of flight and HD that coincided, he built… and flew an HD powered plane… really…

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  9. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Also congrats on your achievement as well.
    I used to count the days but found it wasn't helping... I now subscribe to the saying "keep quitting until you quit." That helped.
    But yeah, everything has been so much better w/o that poison. I too lost around 30lbs, mostly bloat. Had to redo my suspension. :D

Gino230, ToofPic, CBRRRRR999 and 3 others like this.
  10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Reality hits you hard, bro. Just ask this guy.
    IMG_6485.jpeg

11. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

One of my favorite sayings that I've learnt through spending time in the rooms and on my journey through sobriety is "the dildo of consequences rarely comes lubricated"

The consequences of severe alcoholism/drug abuse is no joke and something I can unfortunately speak of due to my own personal addiction and failures.

In April of this year my body had enough of a lifetime of alcohol and drug abuse and decided to catch up with what my brain was always telling me to do and tried to kill me.

Scirrosis of the liver, complete organ failure within a week of diagnosis, multiple cardiac arrests, emergency 14 hour long emergency liver transplant along with 2.5 months in the hospital and then another month in rehab.

I can guarantee that not a single one of you would enjoy the life changing pain of experiencing dying and I wouldn't wish that anyone.

Point being is that it might seem cool to be a bit of a rebel and not give a fuck about life or it's consequences but when faced with the dildo of consequences I promise you that not only will it not be lubricated but it will be fucking huge and shaped like a fist and it will hurt, a lot.

12. Captain Morgan

Reality is what you make it, work hard but make conscious choices to end up where you are at

sharkattack likes this.
  13. Captain Morgan

your analogy of lube, dildos and fists, is not helping the cause, you just made my decision for a rum drink

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. Admotowork

My response was meant to be a wake up call for those that don't understand the real and serious consequences of their actions.
    If from that you'd like to focus on a funny little saying about dildos and lube and not the fact that you will FUCKING DIE from carrying on like this then cool story, one day when I grow up I'd like to be just like you.

ToofPic and BrentA like this.
  15. Captain Morgan

lighten up buddy, no hard feelings, had my rum drink, feeling better, but don't quit your day job to be an addiction counselor

16. Admotowork

No hard feelings whatsoever sir.
    As someone how's suffered through all of this I just wouldn't want you to go down the same path.

I don't know you from a hole in the wall but all I wish for is you to live a long, healthy and happy life.
    Once again, I don't know you from a hole in the wall but I do care about your well-being as a fellow human being

17. Captain Morgan

Thank you, I also wish you the best

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So, did you get your walking papers?

19. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is not a one size fits all scenario. I drank from the day I turned legal age (18 for me) until I was 57 and I would say at least 5 days a week. I was fortunate that I never physically hurt anyone and I am so thankful for that. On 7/11/2016 I was on my way to the bar and saw more vehicles than normal at the 7-11. My mind went free slurpee and I turned in and got my free drink. I sat in the parking lot enjoying it and said to myself what am I doing, I have a bunch of work to get done and headed back to the shop and went back to work. I woke up the next day and felt good with money in my pocket and went back to the shop. I decided that this was a good route for me for a few weeks to get caught up on things and it has been over 7 years now and I am still trying to catch up but it has been my path and I like it.

The most interesting thing to me was how many "friends" I had that I have not heard from in 7 years!!

Gino230, Shenanigans, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't mind him. A torn anus is item #1 on his bucket list.

Glad you finally took the off-ramp, even if it was forced upon you. :clap:

ToofPic and BrentA like this.