1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast food price increases

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 5, 2024.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm undoubtedly a dull, bland man with a taste for dull, bland food, but I like Cracker Barrel. They are dependable and actually priced similarly to most fast food joints.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I cant go to my closest Taco Bell because they found a meth lab in it 8 yrs ago.

The Todd likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Gee, do ya think that paying the goobers who work fast food $20/hr. has affected anything?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm sure there are some in here who think it's just in the U.S. :D It's not.

Who doesn't? :confused:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well now I know what's for dinner if y'all come here for the eclipse! :Poke:

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’ll bring the beef critter to show my appreciation for the hospitality. :beer:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Fastest service in the country?

<tweaked up counter person> “okay, you ordered 6 crunchy tacos and 2 steak chalupas!!! That’ll be $20! Here’s your order (all being thrown at you, unwrapped), 67 tacos, 4 chalupas, a spare tire and wheel from a 2007 Jeep Wrangler, a case of various sauces and a fist full of Diet Pepsi! Come again!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Name 1

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Lettuce, beans, cheese, sour cream, tortillas, and sometimes that beeflike substance!

dave3593, skidooboy and BrentA like this.
  10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

"b33f." That is how I describe it.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Never seen a restaurant have it as a separate charge, except there

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Future

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

The Chilis commercial is funny. Have you seen fast food prices lately? It's like they want you to eat here.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The lawsuit against Taco Bell over their beef and their victory over the Texas law firm is still a classic. The victory lap that Taco Bell took is still some of the funniest shit in corporate circles. :crackup:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've never been in one: will they serve you a burger without a bun if you don't pay extra? That's weird.

Either way, I was saying that the other restaurants also charge you for it. They just don't mention it.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No.

I briefly worked at a Taco Bell many years ago. The "beans" came dehydrated in a 30# bag and looked foe all the world like a giant bag of scabs.

The lettuce, maybe.

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

If you ever want to have a romantic dream watching TV and think, hey I make great dinner parties for 10 people, absolutely don't buy a restaurant

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My son washed dishes at the local cracker barrel. I've never been hungry enough to go there after the tales he told me....In fact, I'd have to have not eaten in a week or more.....:Puke:

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I went to a new place Sunday called Raising Caine. The menu has like 6 options and the only protein is chicken fingers. 4 fingers, Texas toast, a pile of fries and cole slaw , with a large Tea was like $12 OTD. Food was great.

I used to like Chic Filet but here the prices are crazy now.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!